⁑⁕⁑A winter farewell

The air outside was crisp, a winter breeze carrying the weight of impending change as Nari and Hanbin found themselves seated on a secluded bench in their secret corner of the park

The air outside was crisp, a winter breeze carrying the weight of impending change as Nari and Hanbin found themselves seated on a secluded bench in their secret corner of the park. The familiar surroundings, once a witness to stolen glances and shared laughter, now served as the backdrop for a conversation that neither of them had anticipated.

Nari's breath created little puffs of mist in the chilly air as she waited for Hanbin to begin. The dim glow of a nearby lamppost cast a soft illumination, creating a cocoon of privacy around them.

"Hanbin, we need to talk," Nari finally spoke, her voice barely above a whisper.

He nodded, the gravity of the moment etched on his face. "Yeah, we do."

The bench creaked softly as they both took a seat, a tangible distance settling between them. The moon cast a silvery glow on the snow-covered ground, creating a serene yet somber atmosphere.

"I've been thinking a lot, Nari," Hanbin began, his eyes briefly meeting hers before drifting away. "About us, about our futures."

Nari tightened the grip on her scarf, a sense of foreboding settling in the pit of her stomach. "Hanbin, what are you trying to say?"

He took a deep breath, his exhale visible in the chilly air. "With the group disbanding and everything changing, I feel like I need to focus on my career more than ever. And with your rising popularity, it's getting harder for both of us to find time for each other."

Nari's heart sank as the pieces of the puzzle fell into place. "Are you saying..."

Hanbin nodded, his expression heavy with regret. "I think we should take a break, Nari. Focus on our individual paths for now. It's not easy, but it's something I believe we need to do."

A silence hung between them, the cold air accentuating the weight of the unspoken truth. Nari looked down at her hands, her voice barely audible. "A break? You mean... a breakup?"

Hanbin nodded again, the reality of the decision settling upon them like a heavy snowfall. "I think it's the best decision for both of us, at least for now. We made it work for almost two years, but things have changed."

Nari felt a lump forming in her throat, and she struggled to hold back tears. "But I thought we could overcome anything together. I thought we were stronger than this."

Hanbin reached across the bench, his hand hesitating before gently taking hers. "We were, and we are. But sometimes, love isn't enough. We need to give ourselves the space to grow individually."

Their hands lingered for a moment, the connection between them now hanging by a fragile thread. Nari withdrew her hand, a mix of pain and acceptance etched across her face. "And what about us? What happens now?"

Hanbin took a deep breath, looking directly into her eyes. "Nari, I still care about you, and I don't want to lose you completely. Even after this, I want us to try to remain friends. I still want you in my life, even if it's in a different way."

As Hanbin spoke those words, Nari's world crumbled around her. The promise of remaining friends felt like a lifeline in the midst of the heartbreaking reality she now faced.

After the conversation, they sat in silence on the bench, surrounded by the stillness of the winter night. The park, once a haven for their shared moments, now felt like a vast expanse of solitude.

Remaining friends? How can he even suggest that after everything we've shared? A break? No, this feels like a breakup, a tearing apart of the very fabric of "us." I can't deny the pain that's settling in, wrapping its cold fingers around my heart. Friends? How do you go from being everything to someone to just a friend? But maybe... maybe it's a glimmer of hope. A thin thread keeping us connected in a different way.

Can I handle that? To see him and not reach out, to hear his laughter without being the cause of it? It feels like a distant promise, a lifeline that might be too fragile. But it's something, isn't it? Something to cling to in this sea of uncertainty. And maybe, just maybe, it's a way for both of us to heal, to find ourselves again.

Friendship, a different kind of love. Can we redefine what we mean to each other, or is this just a comforting illusion to soften the harsh reality? I want to believe it's possible, that we can navigate this new terrain without losing each other completely. But for now, it's a seed of hope in the garden of heartbreak, a promise that might just help us grow apart without forgetting what we once had

As they parted ways that night, Hanbin offered a half-hearted smile, his eyes betraying the pain he too felt. Nari forced a smile in return, but her heart ached with a profound sense of loss.

The echo of their parting lingered in the winter air, and as Nari walked away, the chilling breeze seemed to carry with it the fragments of love now fractured. The park, once a sanctuary for their shared moments, bore witness to the unraveling of their story. In the quiet aftermath, the rustling leaves whispered the untold emotions, leaving behind a trail of memories that lingered like faded imprints on the snow-covered path. The half-hearted smiles, veiling the depth of their sorrow, dissolved into the night, marking the beginning of a chapter where the symphony of their shared laughter now played as a distant echo in the recesses of their hearts.

 The half-hearted smiles, veiling the depth of their sorrow, dissolved into the night, marking the beginning of a chapter where the symphony of their shared laughter now played as a distant echo in the recesses of their hearts

Well-  This is the end of Nari's first relationship... 

So like I obviously have no clue what's going to happen with zb1 but for the sake of the story, go with it

If you want more nabin moments and/or have any suggestions the comments are always open