⁑⁕⁑Search for Smiles

Nari's room, bathed in the soft glow of a muted bedside lamp, seemed like a haven of solitude

Nari's room, bathed in the soft glow of a muted bedside lamp, seemed like a haven of solitude. The walls were adorned with framed memories, capturing smiles frozen in time, and whispered tales of a past where joy flowed effortlessly. Yet, in the present, the air felt heavy with a palpable sense of emptiness.

The windowsill, once a sanctuary where she'd sit to admire the sky's canvas, now stood as a witness to the shadows that loomed within her. The city lights twinkled in the distance, casting a reflection on the glass that mirrored the distant stars. But tonight, even the stars seemed distant, hidden behind an invisible shroud that dulled their brilliance.

Nari gingerly traced the edges of the windowsill, her fingers navigating the contours as if seeking solace from the familiar grooves. She longed for the days when this very spot served as a portal to happiness, a place where the world outside was painted in hues of wonder.

The room, adorned with mementos of laughter and shared adventures, now felt like a museum of forgotten joy. A guitar in the corner bore witness to impromptu jam sessions with friends, its strings strummed to the rhythm of carefree laughter that echoed through the room. A photo album on the shelf held snapshots of moments frozen in time – birthdays, vacations, and stolen glances that spoke volumes.

Nari's gaze shifted to the collection of handwritten notes and letters tied with a ribbon. Each letter was a testament to the love and support she had received from friends and fans alike. Yet, tonight, their words seemed to dissipate like sand slipping through her fingers.

The windowsill, now a silent companion to her inner turmoil, failed to evoke the tranquility it once provided. The night sky, once a source of endless inspiration, now mirrored the abyss within her. She wondered if the stars, too, struggled to pierce through the veil of darkness.

As she sat on the windowsill, the weight of unshed tears lingered in her eyes. The view outside, a mere backdrop to the internal tempest, failed to offer the usual refuge. The city below, bustling with life, seemed to move at a pace she could no longer match.

Her room held fragments of a time when joy was tangible, and laughter was a melody that filled the air. The walls, adorned with memories, became silent witnesses to the echo of happier days.

In her yearning for solace, Nari picked up a polaroid from the bedside table. The image captured a moment of sheer bliss – a beach day with friends, the sun painting the sky in warm hues. She clutched it close to her chest as if trying to summon the emotions of that day.

Closing her eyes, she transported herself back to the laughter that mingled with the crashing waves, the sand beneath her toes, and the sun-kissed breeze that played with her hair. It was a futile attempt to grasp the intangible, to recapture a happiness that now seemed elusive.

The room, adorned with relics of joy, felt like a puzzle missing crucial pieces. Nari yearned for the simplicity of those moments, the genuine smiles, and the shared warmth that permeated through every corner.

As she lingered on the windowsill, the city below continued its rhythmic dance, oblivious to the silent struggle within the room. Nari clung to the hope that, just like the stars obscured by clouds, the radiance of happiness would find its way back into her life. The windowsill, a symbol of both solace and yearning, awaited the return of the girl who once found bliss in the simple act of gazing at the sky.

 The windowsill, a symbol of both solace and yearning, awaited the return of the girl who once found bliss in the simple act of gazing at the sky

This might be the last chapter that's kinda this dark

Don't be a ghost reader, leave some comments!!

Have a lovely day!<333