Affliction - Chapter 19

Third person's pov

Sunoo gazed at him with a heavy heart, reflecting on his relationship with Sunghoon and the hurtful words that struck him so deeply.

The tender moments they shared recently had filled him with hope leading him to believe that they were growing closer.

But it was all an illusion.

When the harsh light of reality shone through, he saw that it was not real. The affection was just a mirage when in reality their bond was solely based on physical intimacy with nothing deeper to hold them together.

Sunghoon casually denied in front of his friends portraying it as something given and taken that they have he only used Sunoo for his own pleasure whenever it suited him.

Feeling betrayed and discarded the sadness weighed down on him like a heavy blanket, making it hard to see the light. He had deceived himself into believing that Sunghoon was changing. He felt like a fool for giving himself to someone who could toss him aside so callously.

"So it was all fake, your soft gestures were all fake?" he muttered to himself, his words barely audible to anyone else.

Despite everything Sunghoon said, he managed to maintain a facade of strength as he sat amidst Sunghoon and his friends in the bustling cafeteria, a veil of sadness and despair hung heavy over him.

"Hey, Sunoo." a voice called over him, Sunoo looked to his front a little relieved that he can get out of this place and this situation that's been like a burden on his shoulder, he can get rid of it.

"Wonbin hyung." Sunoo whispered letting out a sigh giving him a pleading eye and a small smile.

Wonbin looked over to the table finding the same guy from that day who took away Sunoo from him and Sunoo told that he was his roommate.

"How can I help you hyung?" Sunoo asked checking Wonbin's expression giving his all attention to him rather then answering Sunghoon and his friends who were patiently waiting for what Sunoo would say.

"We have to be in arts club after lunch. Wanna come with me, if you are done with your food?" Wonbin asked noticing the discomfort in Sunoo's eyes.

Sunoo nodded and stood back with his food plate on his hand.

"You haven't finished your food." Sunghoon spoke standing along with Sunoo holding his wrist stopping him from moving any further.

"I'm not hungry." he said lightly and pulled back his hand from older's grip.

Sunghoon felt annoyed at Sunoo acting weird he knew Sunoo and him haven't had any breakfast and his plate is unfinished.

"Let's go." said Wonbin grabbing Sunoo's hand which Sunghoon couldn't help but notice, causing a frown to form on his face.

"You can't leave." he said grabbing Sunoo by his arm, the younger didn't looked at Sunghoon neither replied as he knew there's no point of speaking anything right now.

"I need to go. It's important." said younger without looking back releasing his arms from Sunghoon's hold.

He tried to be as polite as he can be since he doesn't want his friends to take things wrongs.

"Am I in love?"

"No i am not."

"Then why am I feeling hurt?"

Sunoo questioned to himself walking away with Wonbin holding his hands. He didn't looked back neither checked on Sunghoon and his expression which is surely cold but those questions stucked on his head making him anxious.