Abate - Chapter 23

Third person's pov

As the cold autumn wind blew, Sunoo shivered with sadness. The winter chill penetrated his thin jacket, seeping into his bones. But it wasn't just the frigid air that made him tremble. It was the gaze of that certain someone, the one he had been avoiding, now standing right in front of him.

Sunoo's heart ached. He wished he could melt into the dreary grey sky above. How cruel the fates were, bringing them together on this lonely rooftop. Sunoo wrapped his arms around himself even tighter, as if to hold his breaking heart together.

Meanwhile Sunghoon stood there, cigarette dangling elegantly between his fingers, wisps of smoke curling up towards the gloomy autumn sky.

It was a habit that had grown on him insidiously, like a creeping vine that slowly winds its way around a tree. He was smoking more than ever these days, Sunoo had noticed, the scent of it lingering on his shirts last night.

"You came baby-" Sunghoon began, but the words died on his lips as he realized he shouldn't continue.

He took a long drag on the cigarette instead, gazing into the distance, then letting his eyes settle on the petite figure in front of him. Sunoo looked ethereally beautiful, even just standing there in the cold wearing only a thin shirt that barely shielded him from the cold breeze.

Sunghoon admired the way the fading light of Sun played over Sunoo's features, accentuating his delicate beauty. He wanted nothing more than to wrap his arms around Sunoo, to warm him and keep him safe.

Sunghoon drank in the sight of him, cigarette smoke swirling languidly around his perfectly chiseled face, wishing things could be different.

Sunoo took a deep breathe thinking to leave, taking a one last glance at Sunghoon.

He froze as he saw Sunghoon approaching him, his eyes locked on the older's intense gaze.

Each step closer made Sunoo's heart race faster, even as his legs remained frozen in place.

Sunghoon's full lips wrapped around the cigarette, cheeks hollowing as he inhaled deeply. Sunoo couldn't tear his eyes away, utterly transfixed.

Tendrils of smoke curled into the air as Sunghoon flicked the spent cigarette away carelessly.

He moved closer, closer, until his hard body pressed against Sunoo's tense form. Sunoo shuddered, nerves and anticipation warring within him. Sunghoon's hand slid around his waist, pulling their bodies flush.

Sunoo's lips parted helplessly as Sunghoon's mouth descended on his own, the kiss hungry and desperate, full of weeks of pent-up longing. He clutched at Sunghoon's shoulders, surrendering completely to the blissful reunion of their lips.

He whimpered, the sound muffled by Sunghoon's demanding mouth. Their lips meshed together fiercely, Sunghoon's teeth catching younger's plump lower lip and nibbling gently.

Sunoo trembled, the butterflies in his stomach raging into a tempest as his eyes filled with conflicted tears. This kiss was so familiar, yet so painful.

Sunghoon held him tightly, possessively, as if he could erase all the hurt between them with the press of his lips. Sunoo's heart ached, even as he kissed Sunghoon back hungrily. His teary eyes stayed locked on Sunghoon's, communicating the tumult of emotions inside him.

The acrid taste of smoke invaded Sunoo's mouth, mingling with the sweetness of Sunghoon's lips.

Sunghoon kissed him like he belonged to him, owned him. The younger quivered, moaning softly at the bruising intensity of the kiss. It was a kiss of reclamation, of staking a claim.