𝐒𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐏𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑

RENN ʳᵉⁿⁿᵃⁱᵃʰ MASIRE CLOVERᵃᵗˡᵃⁿᵗᵃ*ᵍᵉᵒʳᵍⁱᵃ

  RENN ʳᵉⁿⁿᵃᵃʰ MASIRE CLOVER
ᵃᵗˡᵃⁿᵗᵃ*ᵍᵉᵒʳᵍⁱᵃ

RENN METICULOUSLY checks the sleek, deadly tools laid out on the table – a silent preparation for the job ahead. Dakari, leaning against the doorway, breaks the silence, "Are you really gonna keep ignoring me, Renn?"

She doesn't glance up, the tension palpable. "I said what I said. Until you're straight with me, I'm not working with you."

Dakari sighs, frustration etched on his face. "Come on, Renn. I can't drop this now."

She continues gearing up, pulling on her ski mask with a nonchalant shrug. "Then I can't work with you. Simple as that."

His eyes plead with hers as he suggests, "At least let me drop you off."

Renn pauses, considering his offer for a moment before shaking her head, "I work alone until you're honest with me."

Renn glides past Dakari, he watches her in silence, the weight of unspoken words hanging heavily in the air.

She strides purposefully to her car, the sleek vehicle blending seamlessly with the night.

Dakari follows her, a few steps behind, still attempting to bridge the growing chasm between them. "Renn, you can't just push me away," he pleads.

She unlocks the car and turns to face him, her gaze unwavering. "You shut me out first, Kari. I can't trust you on a job if you're keeping things from me."

He runs a hand through his hair, frustration evident. "This job is different, Renn. It's complicated."

Her expression remains stoic as she slides into the driver's seat. "I'm not interested in half-truths and complications. Figure it out, and maybe we can talk about working together again."

With that, the engine purrs to life, and she speeds away, leaving Dakari standing in their driveway.

As Renn drives through the city, the tension inside the car matches the one she left behind. Her mind races, contemplating the strained dynamics of her relationship with Dakari.

Unanswered questions linger, but Renn steels herself, pushing forward with the singular focus that makes her a formidable force in her line of work.

Her phone begins to ring, disrupting the quiet solitude within the car. Glancing at the caller ID, she recognizes Dakaris name. Determined to maintain the focus on her mission, she ignores the call. However, the persistent vibrations continue as messages flood her screen.