𝐃𝐎𝐂 𝐕𝐈𝐒𝐈𝐓

RICCI NICOLE XIMENAᵃᵗˡᵃⁿᵗᵃ*ᵍᵉᵒʳᵍⁱᵃ

RICCI NICOLE XIMENA
ᵃᵗˡᵃⁿᵗᵃ*ᵍᵉᵒʳᵍⁱᵃ

THE NEXT DAY dawned with Ricci tucked in bed, feeling the weight of her sickness bearing down on her. Alone in the quiet of her room, she longed for the comforting presence of her loved ones.

Chantel's voice on the phone offered a small reprieve from the solitude, but it couldn't chase away the loneliness.

"You sure you don't want me to come over there?" Chantel's concern was evident, her face appearing close-up on the screen as she reached for something in the store.

Ricci sighed softly, feeling a pang of guilt at the thought of potentially getting her friend sick. "No, I don't wanna get you sick," she replied, her voice strained with fatigue. Despite her desire for company, she couldn't bear the thought of putting Chantel at risk.

"Alright, but if you need anything, just call me. Have you been to the doctor?"

Ricci shifted in bed, her voice sounding slightly muffled as she nestled deeper into the blankets. "Nah, I haven't been yet. I'm not sure what it is, honestly. Maybe just a bug or something. I have an appointment in a few, I just don't have the energy to get up."

Chantel nodded understanding, the sound of her cart moving around the store was heard on Ricci's phone, "So you know Dylan's lil birthday party is Friday, y'all coming still?"

"Of course, that's my baby," Ricci replied with a fond smile, thinking of her goddaughter.

Dylan was going to finally meet Dakari and Renn, and although Ricci felt a twinge of nervousness, she was confident that Dylan would warm up to them.

After all, they were practically family, and Dylan had a knack for making everyone feel welcome.

"Yeah, she's been looking forward to it for weeks," Chantel chimed in, her excitement palpable even through the phone.

Ricci chuckled softly, imagining Dylan's animated chatter and infectious laughter filling the room. "Tell her we'll bring her the best present ever," she promised, already brainstorming ideas.

"I'm scared for this though, I ain't never threw her one and she invited all her friends from school and daycare... and she was telling her cousins from her daddy side to come," Chantel lamented, already picturing the potential chaos.

Ricci chuckled sympathetically, knowing exactly how overwhelming a kid's birthday party could be. "From her daddy's side too, oh you already know it's gonna be drama."

Chantel let out a resigned sigh. "No, I know, but if I gotta beat a bitch up, I will." Chantel's frustration bubbled over as she continued, "And I know she invited her lil cousin whose mom was being all weird on Deshawn while we was together... Like, I wanna beat her up so bad... I'm itching to." She shook her head laughing.