𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃

DAKARI JALEN CARTERᵃᵗˡᵃⁿᵗᵃ*ᵍᵉᵒʳᵍⁱᵃ

DAKARI JALEN CARTER
ᵃᵗˡᵃⁿᵗᵃ*ᵍᵉᵒʳᵍⁱᵃ

DAKARI SITS IN THE QUIET confines of his living room, Dakari glances anxiously at his phone, watching the minutes tick away in rhythmic succession.

The room feels heavy with silence as concern furrows his brow — Renn has yet to return. As worry lingers, Dakari decides to seek solace in the familiarity of rolling up a blunt.

With practiced hands, he carefully grinds the dried herb, the soft crunch of the leaves creating a subtle melody in the quiet room. The sweet, earthy aroma begins to envelop the space as Dakari skillfully spreads the ground substance onto the rolling paper. Focused on the task at hand, he expertly maneuvers the paper, crafting a symmetrical cylinder.

The soft glow from his phone illuminates the dark room, the anxiety momentarily subdued by the rhythmic movements of rolling. The lighter flicks to life, casting a warm glow as Dakari brings the flame to the tip of the blunt, sealing the edges.

As the first tendrils of smoke spiral into the air, Dakari takes a deep inhale, allowing the pungent scent to fill his senses.

As the minutes tick away on his phone, Dakari tries to reassure himself that Renn is okay. He mumbles to himself, "She's probably just caught up somewhere. She's a grown woman; she can take care of herself."

Despite his attempts at reassurance, a lingering sense of concern tugs at him. He glances at the rolled-up blunt on the table, contemplating whether it will provide the distraction he needs. But a tinge of frustration rises within him, realizing that perhaps he should have followed her, no matter the potential fallout.

"Who cares if she's mad at me?" he mutters, shaking his head. "I should've been there for her."

Dakari, in the midst of his internal monologue, suddenly becomes aware that he's been talking to himself out loud. He groans at the realization.

Deciding against smoking for the moment, he smudges out the blunt, setting it aside on the table. His attention shifts to the inviting glow of his PS4, the idea of playing caught his attention, seeing as it would make time pass he decided to play.

As he immerses himself in NBA2K, fatigue begins to assert its presence. The adrenaline from worry gradually gives way to the weight of exhaustion. Dakari glances at his phone, realizing that he needs more than just a gaming distraction.

Deciding on a quick fix, he sets a timer for a 10-minute nap, intending to recharge himself just enough to stay vigilant for Renn's return. As he reclines on the couch, the soft glow of the console casting a warm ambience, the city outside continues its nightly rhythm, unaware of the individual struggles unfolding within Dakari's home.