𝐇𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐘

RENN ʳᵉⁿⁿᵃⁱᵃʰ MASIRE CLOVERᵃᵗˡᵃⁿᵗᵃ*ᵍᵉᵒʳᵍⁱᵃ

  RENN ʳᵉⁿⁿᵃᵃʰ MASIRE CLOVER
ᵃᵗˡᵃⁿᵗᵃ*ᵍᵉᵒʳᵍⁱᵃ

RENN PARKED THE CAR in the driveway, the engine humming softly as she turned it off. For a moment, they both sat in silence, lost in their own thoughts. Renn's gaze softened as she looked over at Ricci, her heart aching at the sight of Ricci's distant expression.

"Baby, we're home," Renn said softly.

Still, Ricci remained silent, her eyes fixed on a point in the distance.

Renn reached out, her touch light as she brushed her fingers against Ricci's shoulder. "Ricci, you hear me?" she asked, "We home now. Let's go in."

Ricci's voice was barely above a whisper as she uttered the words, her breath catching in her throat. "I'm pregnant," she murmured, the words hanging heavy in the air.

She repeated the phrase, each time with a hint of disbelief, as if she were trying to convince herself of its truth. "I'm pregnant," she said again, her voice trembling.

Renn's heart clenched at the raw emotion in Ricci's words, her own eyes welling up with tears. She reached out, her arms wrapping around her.

"I know, baby," Renn said softly, her voice filled with love and reassurance. "I know it's a lot to take in, but we  gon' figure it out together. You not alone in this."

Ricci nodded, her gaze finally meeting Renn's, "I just... I don't know if I'm ready for this," she admitted, finally breaking down. Tears streamed down her cheeks as she  buried her face in Renns shoulder, her sobs wracking her body.

"It's okay, mama," Renn murmured, her voice soft and gentle. "Let it out. I'm here for you."

Ricci clung to Renn, her grip tight as she let herself surrender to the overwhelming wave of emotion. All the uncertainty, fear, and doubt she had been holding inside came pouring out in a torrent of tears.

As Ricci's sobs began to subside, she lifted her head from Renn's shoulder, her eyes red and swollen.

"I can't believe this is happening," she whispered hoarsely, sniffing her stuffed nose aggressively, "I wasn't ready for this."

Renn brushed a stray tear from Ricci's cheek, her heart aching at the sight of her partner in distress. "I know, we gon' talk bout' it."

Ricci nodded, a flicker of resolve lighting up her eyes. "I'm scared, Renn. What if I'm not cut out for this? What if I mess everything up?"