Chapter 1

Josh and Simon spilt to either side of the jewelry store's doors. They glanced over at each other as Josh nodded his head at Simon, who repeated his action. Josh then began to count down.

"Three, two..." he paused, allowing them to bring their guns next to their heads, "one!" Their foots smashed against the plexiglass doors letting them fly open. Inside stood three workers, and five costumers, one only being an infant. "Freeze!" Josh shouted. This caused everyone to gasp and start screaming as they dropped to the floor like flies. Josh didn't waste time getting a key, this was a daylight robbery, cops are more likely to show up. That was the mistake they made last time; almost getting them caught. He started smashing all of the cases, grabbing anything that had an expensive price tag. Simon stood guard by the door when he noticed a worker hiding behind a statue, on the phone.

"Are you calling the cops?!" Simon grabbed the man's collar and yanked him away from his cover. He smacked the phone out his hand, then put his gun to the worker's head.

"Wedgeman!" Josh barked, "Don't kill anyone!" he scowled.

"I'm not. Mind your own business, Zerker." Simon scoffed. He rolled his eyes knowing Josh couldn't see them because of the masks. Simon's face started to become moist, from his heavy breathing being trapped by his skull mask. Sirens in the distance were heard making Josh go even faster. "Fuck. We gotta go, they're almost here." Simon said, pushing the terrified man to the floor.

"Come on." Josh nodded his head to the back. They quickly ran to the back door and busted it open, only to be blocked by a black police officer.

"And where do you think you're going?" his voice contained a mocking tone. The two criminals just looked at each other and then back at the cop. "Get on the ground!" the cop shouted. He was impatient and so were these two. Simon knocked the police officer to the ground and got on top of him, trapping him. He kept his arms up by his face so he couldn't reach his gun holster. With a simple pressure point, the cop was unconscious. Simon dragged him back inside, closed the door, and then blocked it with a nearby dumpster.

"Tobi!" a voice called from what sounded like the front of the store. Josh and Simon climbed over the chain fence in the back and began sprinting down a couple blocks. They turned into an alley way to avoid any more eyes catching a glimpse of them. There are enough people already who can report sightings of them. Both men began to climb a fire escape ladder on the side of one of the buildings. They sat on top of the roof out of breath, but safe from being found.