Chapter 2

Josh carefully set his backpack on the ground, for it contained all of their stolen goods. The boys kept their masks on since the police were still running around, looking for them, down below. They started to look at what some of what they took while they waited for it to be safer for them to walk around again.

This is one of those moments the two wished Los Santos wasn't burning hot twenty-four seven. Josh held a gold necklace in his covered hand. It was a bit harder to see the jewelry in all it's glory this way, but still better than getting it scratched on the asphalt roof.

"Can't wait to get home to see if this is real gold or not. If it is, it'll be worth a fortune!" Josh exclaimed quietly. Simon's classic I've-got-an-idea smirk grew on his face. "Oh, someones got an idea! What is it?" Josh got excited like kid opening his Christmas presents.

"I know a way we can get money for that, but still keep the necklace itself." Simon cocked one eyebrow. Josh asked how with an evil grin on his face. "Well... we still have some fake gold at home right?"
~
It was nearly pitch black outside and the police had seem to given up their search. Simon and Josh stuffed their masks inside Josh's backpack along with their gloves and jackets. This way, nobody would suspect them as the robbers. No one has ever seen either one of them without the masks on.

The two casually strolled down the streets of their broken down neighborhood. They live in a abandoned building that may be covered in graffiti and blocked up with wooden planks, but still had four walls and roof. The plumbing worked too which is a bonus. No one even suspects that someone lives there. Josh whistled as he carefully opened the front door, it could break any day now. The building had two floors; the first had an empty room on either side with the staircase in the middle. Upstairs is where their bedroom is on the left with a bathroom attached. Then a kitchen that also contained the "living room" is on the right. As Josh went into the bedroom to put everything away, Simon plopped onto the couch, turning on the TV.
The local news flashed up on the screen displaying a clip from earlier in the day of a woman interviewing the same man who Simon had a held his gun to.

"Yep, they're already talking about us, Josh." Simon sighed. Josh came across the hall and peered into the room.

"This is one way to get famous." Josh grinned. It's funny because it's true. Josh and Simon have committed so many crimes, from petty theft to arson, that even people across states knew their names. Well, their pseudonyms that is. Wedgeman and Zerker, first crime documented at fourteen and they've never been caught since.

Simon and Josh shared equally painful lives as children. Josh had lived here in Los Santos since he was born. Simon, on the other hand, lived in Arizona but moved to California when his parents got a divorce. Simon came with his father when he was nine. His dad existed with so much hatred in him at this time. His focus was to start a new life as it is for some newly divorced people. On the outside he was successful with a steady job and proper amount of money. On the inside, however, he was still boiling with emotions. Simon felt them every single night. He saw his dad's lonely heart every time a woman came into their house. Simon had no one and felt no love. Everyone thought he was okay.

Then he met Josh in eighth grade. Josh had more money than Simon but just as much hell at home. Josh's parents were cold people. Both of his parents were alcoholics and would beat him on occasion as well. Josh never understood what he was doing wrong. Eventually he came to the conclusion that he was just a disappointment. They used to try and get him to be someone special, but one day they stopped. All he could do was be sorry for who he was. Josh was depressed and had so much anger built up from all the rejection of his parents. They were too drunk and heartless to notice the damage. Together Josh and Simon made an unbreakable kinship.