Chapter 9

Josh and Ethan found each other the next day around the same part of town while looking for each other. Just like the day before, they walked around all over Los Santos. Even down by the beach. It was a beautiful day out. A nice breeze with calm waves that shimmered from sun. Not a cloud in the sky.

Josh really found connection with the boy. By connection, he felt an emotional one. They seemed so similar. Ethan appreciated how much Josh cared about him. Neither of Ethan's parents mistreat him. Although his dad is never around enough to do so. His mother is overprotective and pretends to care. She'll ask him how he's doing, but if he is having a bad day she won't do anything about it other than say, "You'll be okay sweetie". Ethan has a close friend but he just hears Ethan, he never actually listens. That doesn't mean they don't get along and don't need each other. They do. To Ethan, everything he says is always ignored.

It turned out that Ethan lives not too far from him and Simon. Which means Ethan isn't exactly like Josh since he doesn't live the upper part of Los Santos. They continued walking to Ethan's house when Josh spotted his as they passed by.

"Hey, Ethan!" a voiced called. Josh turned and saw a another boy, caramel colored, running towards them.

"Hi, Vik! How are you doing?" Ethan hugged him.

"I'm good. Who's this?" Vik looked up at Josh.

"This is James. I met him while shopping yesterday." Ethan answered. Vik was looking around his friend talked. Then Vik went stiff.

"Uh... Ethan we should go now." Vik tugged on his friend's sleeve. Ethan looked at him confused.

"My mom is um, making, some... lasagna!" he stuttered. Josh started to get nervous as well. He wondered if Vik had somehow recognized him but there was no way.

"Okay then. See you, James!" Ethan waved and left with his awkward friend.

Ethan found it rude for Vik to just rush him, and leave his new found friend. When Ethan finished saying his goodbyes, Vik pulled him away.

"Vik, what the hell was that for?" Ethan pulled his arm away from Vik's grip.

"Do you know who that is?" Vik shout-whispered.

"I thought I did but now I'm just confused." Ethan shook his head.

"That's Zerker!" Vik pointed to were they were just standing.

"But no one knows what he looks like. So what makes you think that's him?"
Ethan started walking again.

"I saw the pig mask that Zerker always wears in there!" Vik started freaking out. He pointed towards an orange zentorno in front of an abandoned building.

"What if that's not his car?" Ethan challenged.

"Well, he just put something in there." Vik said in-factly.

"Holy shit! What do we do?" Ethan became really confused. Mainly because he just spent almost a whole day with this criminal and he seemed liked the nicest guy. What if he was just getting close to Ethan to murder or rape him?!

"We gotta call the cops." Vik started running to his house.
~
"Josh... Josh... Josh wake up." Simon moaned "Ugh." he sighed. "Josh!" Simon slapped him, but not too hard, across the face.

"Ow! Jesus, what do you want?!" Josh rubbed the side of his face.

"We need more food. Lets go to the store." Simon whined. Josh groaned and rolled out of bed. He still had his clothes on from yesterday, and didn't feel like changing. They went straight down to the car but once they got there, they heard a name being called.

"Hey, James!" Josh saw Ethan prancing towards them with a giant smile.

"Oh, uh hi, Ethan." Josh waved nervously. Simon raised one eyebrow at him. Josh hadn't told Simon of his new friend from yesterday yet. "What's with the cheeky grin?" Josh tried to be friendly.

"Oh nothing." Ethan then did a thumbs up.

"Freeze! You have no where to run!" a voice shouted. Before Josh or Simon had anytime to realise what was happening, a load a cop cars and an army of police officers came from all sides.