Chapter 14

Ethan's mother knocked on the door. Right now they were stood outside of Harry's office. As predicted, he wanted to have an interview with Ethan.

"Come in." Harry responded. Ethan's mom opened the door and let her son in first. "Hi Mrs. Payne, and Ethan." Harry held out his hand to be shook. Once they shook hands Harry sat back down. "Do you mind if it's just me and your son?" he asked politely.

"Of course go right ahead. Ethan I'll be outside if you need anything." she kissed her son's head and left.

"Why don't you sit down." Harry said. Ethan took a seat. In his mind he was really nervous. He didn't want to be here but his mother had forced him. If he screwed anything up, his mom wasn't going to be to happy. "So, if you could just tell me the whole story, all the details, what you were thinking, how you feel now, and if at any point you feel uncomfortable just let me know." Harry set up his recorders and laptop. Ethan just nodded his head. He then went through the story like he did with Vik but more in depth. This time Ethan expressed what he truly felt during it all. Harry stopped typing half way through Ethan's story. He stared at the child with an unsure face. When Ethan noticed him just sitting there, he stopped talking.

"Is there something wrong?" Ethan asked nervously.

"Yes there is. Your story." Harry barked. He closed his laptop and sat up.

"What? How can my story be wrong?" Ethan was now completely baffled. What he saw, what he thought, couldn't have a wrong or right side to it. Even a professional reporter wasn't interested in what he had to say. Why would no one listen?

"It's too boring. There was a car chase and the car exploded. So what? Also, you sound way to sympathetic." Harry ranted. "'But they were so gentle' 'he was so friendly' 'they just made mistakes' blah blah blah." he mocked Ethan, who at this point, was offended.

"God, you're such an asshole you know that?" Ethan said taken back. If wasn't going to be nice, why should he be? "Why do people even think you're so great?" Harry leaned on his desk and got in Ethan's face.

"You know why? Because. I. Am." Harry whispered harshly. "I've got the best stories, the best looks, the best personality." he paused to glance over at Ethan. "You see, I'm about to be signed to a news show that's broadcasted nation wide. You know, with the big boys. This story is the decider. No one wants the truth. Not unless it's interesting. Not unless it gets me money and fame." Harry fixed his hair with his reflection in the window.

"I don't want to be here anymore." Ethan got ready to leave.

"Oh I wouldn't do that if I were you. I know how much your mom wanted you to be on TV, and I don't think you want me to tell her you messed everything up because then she'll fuck up your life. So don't fuck up mine." Harry growled. "Now, how does them sexually harassing you sound for the story?" An evil smirk was placed on his face. People like Harry are the real kind of villains.

Ethan wondered whether or not to burst Vik's bubble about his hero being a total waste-man.