Chapter 6

Since it was only ten twenty in the morning, the library was almost completely empty. They say they do these things for fun. That's their justification for putting themselves and others in danger. Deep down inside they both know this is a way to express their emotions. They're tired of constantly having to bottle them up. Committing crimes is also a way of getting revenge on the cruel world.

Josh and Simon hid behind a book shelf allowing them to put on their masks without being seen. Next they took out a few of the fireworks and a lighter. Josh ran to the main room and set down a single firecracker, lit it then ran back. Within five seconds it went off setting an array of sparks all over the room. All the workers inside ran over to see what the noise was. Once the firework died down, Simon ran out and set off two more. As people started to scream and gasp, a squad of police officers burst into the room.

"Put down the fireworks and get on the ground!" one of them shouted. Every cop had their gun pointed at Simon and Josh. So they brought out their guns as well. The room froze in time as thoughts of what to do next ran through everyone's head. Then two of the cops started stepping towards the two. Josh quickly set off a chaser and the officers ran towards them as a response. Simon's first reaction is to shoot and so he did.

"Goodbye motherfucker!" Simon screamed and shot one cop in the right shoulder. All the other bystanders screamed and dropped to the ground, crawling behind the main desk to hide. Simon and Josh ran through the endless rows of books setting off more and more fireworks to try and lose the cops. It didn't work, in fact the police shot at them with any chance they got. At this point, it didn't matter to the cops if Josh and Simon were dead or alive.

Then, one of the sparklers caught a bookshelf on fire. It spread rapidly and soon enough half of the room was engulfed in flames. Simon and Josh almost got away freely but Tobi jumped infront of them.

"So we meet again." Simon sneered at him. A sudden wave of fear washed over Tobi as Simon towered over him. Before any other sort of exchange was done, Josh pulled Simon away as the fire was growing bigger and they needed to get out. They ran down the steps as fast as their feet could carry them. Tobi followed them with the rush of adrenaline pushing him to keep going. Just as the fire department showed up, Simon and Josh jumped into their car. Tobi ran and got into his own cop car. It was now a full on car chase. The chase went on for ten minutes. Simon then leaned out of the car window with his gun still in his hand. Tobi followed by also leaning out his window to see what Simon was going to do. Simon put up his gun, aiming it at Tobi. Before he had any reaction time Simon yelled,

"Goodbye!" his voice jetted in the wind. He pulled his trigger and the bullet hit Tobi in the head. His car swerved and crashed into a building.

"Did you just kill him?" Josh stayed focused on the road ahead.

"Yeah." Simon said simply. He looked down and saw they were going eighty mph.

"Whatever." Josh shook his head. He couldn't be bothered anymore. That's just the way Simon is. Murder is the most satisfying crime of all. This is what makes Simon so violent.

After that it became more like a Sunday afternoon drive. They drove down the empty part of the beach, parked the car the sand, and then blew it up. They returned home safely just as the sun set.