Chapter 4

It was very early in the morning, about six am. Simon and Josh were about to make a deal with a "friend" of their's in the black market. Whenever a deal or trade like this is to be made, it has to be done either late at night or early in the morning when no one is up and about.

"You got everything?" Simon asked Josh. Their plan is to trick their "friend", JJ, into buying fake gold. They would show him the real gold first but once he bites the bait, Josh would switch it for replica. They've made trades in the past with JJ so they know he goes inside to get money or anything else. Plus JJ trusts them enough to pull this scheme off.

"Yeah I've got the gold, weapons, and anything else we'll need." Josh slung the backpack over his shoulder.

"Then lets go." Simon said heading for the stairwell. They hopped down the stairs and quietly out the door. "Should we take a car or?" Simon asked Josh. He stood there a moment thinking as the cool, crisp breeze blew around them.

"Yes. We might want to drive around later and splash our cash." Josh smiled. He then started walking down the streets, with Simon following, looking for a good car to take. "Here we go!" Josh sprinted towards a yellow adder. Simon was confused why Josh hadn't picked a convertible of some sort, that way Josh didn't have to smash open a car. Then he saw that a window had been left rolled down. "Dumb asses." Josh muttered under his breath. He reached inside, hot wired it and then unlocked it. "Lets do this."

Once they drove, to almost the center of the city, they got out and walked around to the side of JJ's home where a door stood. Simon knocked on the door and then waited. He was about to knock again but then the door flew open. When JJ saw who it was a smile grew on his face.

"You boys have something I might fancy?" JJ leaned against the doorway. He knew right away what the two were here for. Criminals don't typically see each other to go get coffee.

"Oh we know you will." Simon said smiling back. JJ stepped outside and closed his door. Josh took off his backpack and took out the real gold along with a magnet. JJ's eyes widened at the sight of the precious metal.

"And it's real?" he questioned taking it from Josh's hand.

"You know it." Josh put the magnet near the necklace and it didn't stick to it proving it is real.

"Jeez, this thing is probably worth a lot," JJ breathed as Simon and Josh flashed a smile, "but I don't pay full price." Their smiles instantly faded.

"Well how much will you pay?" Josh snatched the gold from his hand.

"$400."

"$600."

"$450."

"$600."

"$500 tops." JJ ended the bickering. Josh rubbed his chin.

"How about $525?" Josh fished at him a little bit.

"Lets do this... $475 but with a bag of a hand bombs." JJ offered. Josh looked over at Simon who just shrugged.

"Deal." Josh shook JJ's hand. JJ then went inside to get what he needed. Josh swiftly switched out the real gold for fake. When JJ returned, they traded items and were about to leave when JJ spoke,

"What are you guys going to do with all that now?"

"Have a little fun at the library." Josh replied. They then left without saying goodbye.

"Library? What's there that you want?" Simon had a confused look on his face.

"I don't want anything. I just want to cause some trouble." Josh put the bombs in the back and started the car.

"How so?" Simon started to warm up to the idea.

"With fireworks." Josh set the cash in his lap and drove off.