𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄, 𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗆𝖻𝖾𝗋 𝖮𝖿 𝖲𝖾𝖼𝗋𝖾𝗍𝗌

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐎𝐧𝐞

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The noise died suddenly as the people in front spotted the hanging cat. Denzel, Ron, and Hermione stood in front of the young Slytherin court in the middle of the corridor, as silence fell among the mass of students pressing forward to see
the grisly sight.

Then someone shouted through the quiet. "Enemies of the Heir, beware! You'll be next, Mudbloods!" It was Goyle and Morana did not have time to care about the M word. The Heir was her brother was it not?

"What's going on here? What's going on?" Attracted no doubt by Goyle's shout, Argus Filch came shouldering his way through the crowd. Then he saw Mrs. Norris and fell back, clutching his face in horror.

"My cat! My cat! What's happened to Mrs. Norris?" he shrieked. And his popping eyes fell on Morana "You!"he screeched. "You! You've murdered my cat! You've killed her! I'll kill you! I'll -"

"Argus!"

Dumbledore had arrived on the scene, followed by a number of other teachers.

In seconds, he had swept past Denze Ron, and Hermione and detached Mrs. Norris from the torch bracket. "Come with me, Argus," he said to Filch. "You, too, Mrs. Potter, Mr.Weasley, Miss Granger and mr. Granger."

"My brother will come too." Morana said not listening to Lockhart's complain as Mattheo came with her. Lockhart stepped forward eagerly.

"My office is nearest, Headmaster - just upstairs - please feel free -"

"Thank you, Gilderoy," said Dumbledore. The silent crowd parted
to let them pass. Lockhart, looking excited and important, hurried after Dumbledore so did Professors McGonagall and Snape.

As they entered Lockhart's darkened office there was a flurry of movement across the walls Mattheo saw several of the Lockharts in the pictures dodging out of sight, their hair in rollers.

"Damn narcissic." Mattheo muttered.

The real Lockhart lit the candles on his desk and stood back. Dumbledore lay Mrs. Norris on the polished surface and began to examine her. Denzel, Ron, and
Hermione exchanged tense looks and sank into chairs outside the pool of candlelight, watching.

The tip of Dumbledore's long, crooked nose was barely an inch from Mrs. Norris's fur. He was looking at her closely through his half-moon spectacles, his long fingers gently prodding and poking.

Professor McGonagall was bent almost as close, her eyes narrowed. Snape
loomed behind them, half in shadow, wearing a most peculiar expression It was as though he was trying hard not to smile. Though he did cheack on Morana.

And Lockhart was hovering around all of them, making suggestions.

"It was definitely a curse that killed her - probably the Transmogrifian Torture - I've seen it used many times, so unlucky I wasn't there, I know the very countercurse that would have saved her." Mattheo rolled his eyes.

Lockhart's comments were punctuated by Filch's dry, racking sobs. He was slumped in a chair by the desk, unable to look at Mrs. Norris

"My sister is veing accused of murdering a cat, this is complete nonsense." Mattheo said coldly.

"She did it!!" Lockhart shouted. "Don't fucking raise your voice at me!" Mattheo said, his voice were so cold that Morana was surprise.

"Let's calm down." Dumbledore said.

"Me and my sister are leaving." And they did. Morana and Mattheo left and went back to their common room.

For a few days, the school could talk of little else but the attack on Mrs. Norris. Filch kept it fresh in everyone's minds by pacing the spot where she had been attacked, as though he thought the attacker might come back.

Ginny Weasley seemed very disturbed by Mrs. She was a great cat over.

Ron, Hermione and Denzel were with the Slytherin and their own housemates in class of History of Magic.

istory of Magic was the dullest subject on their schedule. Professor Binns, who taught it, was their only ghost teacher, and the most exciting thing that ever happened in his classes was his entering the room through the blackboard. Ancient and shriveled, many people
said he hadn't noticed he was dead.

He had simply got up to teach one day and left his body behind him in an armchair in front of the staff room fire his routine had not varied in the slightest since.

Hermione put up her hand.

"Miss - er -?"

"Granger, Professor. I was wondering if you could tell us anything about the Chamber of Secrets," said Hermione in a clear voice.

Dean Thomas, who had been sitting with his mouth hanging open, gazing out of the window, jerked out of his trance Lavender Brown's head came up off her arms and Neville Longbottom's elbow slipped off his desk.

Aries stopped muttereing to Daphne and looked at the professor while Morana's eyes sparkle as she lay her head on Perseus's arms.

"Reliable historical sources tell us this much," he said. "But these honest facts have been obscured by the fanciful legend of the Chamber of Secrets. The story goes that Slytherin had built a hidden chamber in the castle, of which the other founders knew nothing."

"Slytherin, according to the legend, sealed the Chamber of Secrets so that none would be able to open it until his own true heir arrived at the school. The heir alone would be able to unseal the Chamber of Secrets, unleash the horror within, and use it to purge the school of
all who were unworthy to study magic."

There was silence as he finished telling the story, but it wasn't the usual, sleepy silence that filled Professor Binns's classes. There was unease in the air as everyone continued to watch him, hoping for more. Professor Binns looked faintly annoyed.

"The whole thing is arrant nonsense, of course," he said. "Naturally, the school has been searched for evidence of such a chamber, many times, by the most learned witches and wizards. It does not exist. A tale told to frighten the gullible."

Hermione's hand was back in the air.
"Sir - what exactly do you mean by the horror within' the Chamber?"

"That is believed to be some sort of monster, which the Heir of Slytherin alone can control," said Professor Binns in his dry, reedy voice. The class exchanged nervous looks.

"I tell you, the thing does not exist," said Professor Binns, shuffling his
notes. "There is no Chamber and no monster."

Morana sit up straight, she want to know more, she need to know more.