1

I'm thinking whether she is more beautiful or if I just feel that way. What's wrong with me?" (When Naina first meets Meera) Naina is thinking.

Meera is playing with a Cat, she was wearing a white salwar-suit, big silver earrings, a no-makeup look, smiling like an angel, and her brother calls her "Dee."

(*Dee meaning- Sister)

"Hi Naina." (She smiled at me and said)

I went blank, I couldn't hear anything. Her voice wasn't reaching my ears.

"Naina? Naina!" (She was waving her hand in front of me)

It seems like someone just zapped me with a 500-volt shock; my emotions have turned into statues, and I'm as rigid as sugarcane. My body feels like it's been turned into a rock sculpture - I can't even manage a smile. Why is my body refusing to be as soft as jaggery? Am I dealing with an angel, or have I unwittingly become a ghost? I'm convinced someone swiped the remote control to my body, cranked up the power.

Present day

Today is my result day, music is playing loudly. Aahan must be celebrating. He probably scored 90%. Who said guys who score 90% only wear glasses? Aahan has brown eyes and a fit body. He is the most charming guy I have ever seen in my life.

Both of us are in the same class, Class 11th A section. Aahan and I are best friends because whenever he goes out with any girl, he lies using my name. But one day, I decided that I will tell Aahan to stop chasing anyone else because he is my crush.

In the 10th class, Aahan asked me a question during the exam. I completed the entire paper. Yes, I am a topper too. Hi, I am Naina Chauhan, this is my story.

Our friendship has been a year, but I don't know much about Aahan. He is my neighbor, yet I have never been to his house even once. But I knew one day he would be mine because no matter how much he runs after other girls, he lays head on my shoulder. It feels so proud, when Aahan is with me, people around stare as if they're thinking how lucky I am.

Everyone is sitting in class, making paper balls and throwing them at each other. As Aahan enters the class, all the girls look at him first. Seeing this, I went to him and excitedly said, "HIIIII."

"And say it louder, break the eardrums."

(I said lovingly) "Why are you getting angry?"

"Naina, you know, I have a party tomorrow, why didn't you do my homework?"

"I told you, I also want to go to the party then I'll do it."

"You won't refuse, right?"

"Nooooo" (I said hesitantly)

"Okayyy, but wear something nice. I'll pick you up, so your mom doesn't find out. Be careful."

"Stop your bike in front of my window."

The plan was to confess my feelings to Aahan. At 2 in the night, with big eyes, I sneak out of the window.

Aahan looked at me in the black tiny dress. It was a solid black maxi dress with shoulder straps and a thigh slit detail. As soon as he saw me, he said,

"Who are you trying to impress?"

I thought to myself, "You idiot."

"Look, your dress is nice, but change and come. People won't like seeing you like this."

"Did you like it?"

"I don't like it when others look at you."

"Then don't let them look, turn away."

"You're completely crazy, sit down." (He said with a charming smile)

I had never sat on a bike before, so I didn't know how to sit. Aahan looked at me and said,

"Why are you standing? Sit down."

"I need your help to sit on the bike; the dress is too tight."

"Naina, why don't you understand? You're different person. Why wear something in which you feel awkward?"

I started to feel nervous, and I told him, "Because I love you." (Tears were in my eyes, and I spoke with my gaze lowered.)

"What?"

"Since when?"

"Since you tied the shoelaces of my shoes."

"Are you crazy? That's from 6th class."

"Yes, but you do remember that day" (hesitantly)

"Yes, I remember; you used to wear glasses at that time." (He said in a very soft and sweet voice, his eyes sparkling.)

"You could have told me." (While hitting him on theshoulder)

"You always say you're not interested in love and all."

"That's why, so you wouldn't find out that I have a crush on you."

"You're idiot."

"You're more idiot than me." (A tear rolled down his right eye.)

Aahan hugged me. He offered his hand, and I sat on the bike. A perfect love story, right? We danced, we went to party, I met Aahan's friends. Aahan was so great, he gave me the tag of his girlfriend. I was happy, very happy. Everyone in the class knew about us because now in the class, I showed them who I am by hugging Aahan. Now in the class, I became popular - Naina & Aahan, the couple.

It's been 10 days since my relationship started. Aahan invited me to his house one day when his mom was out. It was just Aahan and me; no one else was there. Aahan wanted me to meet someone, I heard a cat's sound. I thought he wanted to introduce me to his cat. Aahan opened the door, and I saw a white cat. I was about to say hi to the cat when I noticed a girl petting the cat. My heart was pounding, and I felt nervous as if I were running very fast. I started feeling nervous, but I kept a smile.