How long have you been trying? Why isn't Aahan answering the call? Aahan didn't come to school. Should I go and check on him? I went to Aahan's house.

Aunty opened the door and said, "You take the bowl with you; you forgot it last time too."

"You give it to me; I'll ask Aahan for notes in the meantime."

"His health is not good; he might not come today either. I don't know what illness he has brought back by roaming around." (said angrily)

Meera came to fetch water in the kitchen; she saw me looking at her. She took the water bottle and left.

I was thinking of meeting Aahan, then aunty said, "Go, take the notes."

"Meera, give this concoction to Aahan."

Meera came out of her room with the concoction, went into Aahan's room, and found him sleeping. Meera left the concoction and came out, and I, seeing Aahan, left the room.

Just like Meera saw us at the same time I did, my heart was pounding at that time. I felt like turning my gaze away. I took the bowl and went home. After doing homework, I opened the laptop to watch a movie. I couldn't sleep until 3 in the morning, and after the movie ended, when I looked out of my window, Meera was talking on the phone, she seems to be everywhere nowadays.

I fell asleep, and when I woke up late for school, Aahan's voice came, "Bye, Mom."

Hearing this made me happy. I quickly hugged my mom, said goodbye, and left with Aahan.

"You messaged me."

"Sorry, tell me, tell me, tell me."

I was just hitting him when my foot slipped, and I was about to fall, but Aahan caught me. Aahan is getting closer to my lips, I'm feeling scared. Why am I so troubled? I put my hand on his mouth.

"You'll get me sick too, get well first, crazy."

Aahan looked at me with sparkling eyes and said, "Tomorrow is my birthday, so I want a gift."

"Say whatever you want."

"A KISSSSSS." (Aahan whispered in my ear)

My eyes widened like black holes. I tried to smile, then reached school. After school, I didn't meet Aahan. I watched several kissing videos, but I don't understand what to do. I feel embarrassed; how do I face Aahan? It's very difficult for me. I can't tell him directly; I can't say no; he wants a birthday gift. Can someone tell me how to handle all this?

I started biting my nails, as I had bought a gift for her and took it outside. I planned to give it to her later at night. It's 10 PM, and I'm trying to relax outside before heading home from the office. I'm wearing a black suit, avoiding eye contact and looking around. She's talking on the phone, notices me sitting outside, and gestures, 'What happened?'

I didn't say anything; fear was on my face. I sat holding my knees, and she approached, looking more intimidating in her black suit.

'What's bothering you so much?'

'I can't tell you.'

'Such a big secret; something significant must be happening, like sex?'

'Shut up! Don't say anything like that. I'm troubled about a kiss.'

Meera laughed, 'What? You haven't kissed yet?'

'Don't judge me; I'm really scared.'

She said while laughing, 'In my car, let's go!'

I wasn't planning to stand up, but Meera grabbed my hand, opened the car door, and made me sit. She asked me to fasten my seatbelt, and we drove off.

'Have you ever done it before?'

'What? Why are you asking about me?'

'Because you're taking me somewhere; it must mean you have experience.'

'No! I've never had a boyfriend.'

'Then who are you talking to on the phone at 3 AM?'

'Don't make assumptions. You're not making me uncomfortable, are you?' I said with a smile.

'No, you're lying, I know.'

'Forget about my life. Look there; this place will be the best.'

'Is it a jungle?'

'No, you can see the entire city from here.'

'Really? Such a place exists? I've only seen it in movies. But why here?'

'Shh, stop talking so much.'

We went a bit into the jungle, and suddenly, the whole city was beautifully lit. I'd never seen the city so beautiful before. I was about to sit down, but I was still scared. Then Meera extended her hand, and I saw her hand. She held my hand, and we sat down. It was at a great height. For about five minutes, I didn't say anything, just kept looking at the lights.

'Feeling better?'

'Yes, a lot. I don't know why everything feels so beautiful with you.'

Meera, for the first time, didn't answer immediately. She, too, started looking at the city.

'Now, see, no matter how many pits there are in this city, when the lights come on at night, how beautiful it looks. Just like that, no matter how bad or good an experience is, everything will seem good later when you think about it at night. Understand?' she said slowly and calmly.

I took a deep breath and said, 'But I haven't practiced yet, and I don't know what's wrong and right.'

'Everything is right; just brush it off, madam,' she said, tapping her fingers on her nose.

I gave a small smile. Then I said, 'Okay, let's go. I'm ready. But it's good that I'm not scared anymore. No one is watching my videos anyway,' I said irritated.

'To practice?'

'Hmm.'

Meera thought for a while, checked her phone, and said, 'No one's there.'

I became a little sad and sat back in the car. I calmly drank water from a bottle. Meera started the car, turned on the headlights, and said, 'Can you practice with me?'

I started coughing violently for about two to three minutes.