Meera sat on the sofa, reading a book.

"Good night, Meera," Naina said, heading towards her room.

"Naina," Meera called out, freezing Naina's steps.

"Yes, Meera?" Naina replied, her voice trembling with fear.

"Come, sit, Naina," Meera said, flipping a page of her book.

"Why are you scared?" Meera asked.

"Me? Who? I'm not scared at all," Naina said with a shaky voice.

"Okay, relax. You cheated on my brother, kissed him on the cheek to figure him out," Meera said, laughing.

Naina smiled lightly, saying, "I don't go into exams without practicing."

The book slipped from Meera's hands.

"So sorry," Meera apologized, picking up the book. When she looked up, she saw Naina's legs entangled, forming a hug.

"Are you going to sleep on this sofa?" Naina asked.

Meera put the book on the sofa and said, "The sofa is fine."

The silent tension between me and Meera was making me extremely uncomfortable. I hate it; I'll have to talk to Meera. My legs were trembling, continuously shaking, even though Meera's quiet demeanor and her kohl-lined eyes were intimidating me. Then suddenly, she began to approach me.

 then, as if the universe hit the slow-motion button, Meera started her advance towards me. It was as if time itself was caught in a molasses-like syrup, stretching each moment to its breaking point. Her steps were deliberate holding a pillow behind her. Meera placed the pillow behind her. with fear coursing through my veins, I surrendered to the overwhelming urge to shut my eyes tight and then Meera looked like a second. Meera threw the pillow on my face.

"Get up, Naina."  Meera was trying to control her laughter.

"I was just feeling sleepy, I'm exhausted," Naina said, attempting to feign exhaustion through her acting.

I hid her face behind the pillow. Meera tried to remove the pillow, but Naina resisted. Meera applied more force, and the pillow fell away. Seeing Naina's tomato-like face, Meera burst into laughter and said, "You also feel shy? Oh, this girl."

Naina didn't say anything, Meera just opened her book. In anger, I said, "Good night."

Naina went to her room and sat on the sofa. Meera came after her.

"Your room is so cute," Meera said.

(Angrily) "Stop complimenting me."

"Your bed is small."

"It's perfect for me. You sleep on the sofa." I raised my eyes upward and said,

"No, I want to sleep on the same bed as you," Meera said, trying to control her laughter.

My anger escalated. Without taking a breath, she said everything.

"You're making fun of me, right? You said I could practice with you, who helps like that? You came so close to me, so close...I mean so close. (bringing My hand near my lips) I get angry when you're around me......(look it Meera's lips) then you stopped."

Meera listened quietly, sat on the bed, and Naina covered her face with her hands. Naina immediately said, "Sorry, I don't have any such feelings. So sorry, Meera. I don't know where my mind is these days. Please forgive me. You can slap me if you want, but don't stay quiet." (I said, panting)

I sat on the sofa, and Meera joined me, saying, "Relax! Don't worry; you can tell me anything. Have some waterrrrr. Aahan is happy, don't stress about him. It's normal to feel this way for the first time. I know you want to kiss Aahan, but this is new for both of you, so there might be a bit of awkwardness. Don't get confused." Meera spoke calmly.

I started drinking water, but in I haste, some spilled from her lips. Meera handed her a tissue, and upon noticing Naina's wet lips, Meera decided to clean them herself. Cleaning my lips feels like I'm about to jump off a building; my brain has already split open. I can't handle whether I should speak, what I should do. I feel like I'm doing everything stupid. I was breathing heavily, and she is moving closer. As I tried to move away.

 As Meera inched closer, my heart rate skyrocketed. She closed the distance even more, and my palms began to sweat. I placed the glass of water.my hands trembling like leaves in a storm. Just as Meera was about to touch My's lips. her phone rang. 

Meera started to bite her lips, then glanced at her phone. It was an alarm, so she turned it off and returned to the room.

As soon as Meera left the room, I quickly dashed to the bed and lay down. I closed my eyes, but sleep was nowhere to be found. Meera's image kept replaying in my mind, over and over again. What I was feeling, I didn't want to know. I just wanted this night to pass quickly. I pretended to be asleep.

"Is Naina asleep?"

For a couple of seconds, I couldn't say anything. I wasn't sure if I could pull it off, and then I blurted out, "I fooled you."

"Are you relaxed now?" (Naina is lying on the bed, and Meera is sitting on the edge, her hair falling to one side)

"To be honest, I can never sit calmly with you around." (I really want to be honest with Meera. I'm tired of all this fighting.)

"Don't take so much tension; I won't eat you." (Said in a confident tone)

"You sounded like a cat." (Naina laughed)

Laughing, Meera said, "Go to sleep, or this cat might bite you."

"Bite me!" (Making an exaggerated gesture, behaving overdramatically)

Meera pretended to bite Naina's neck with a cat's sound effect. We were both laughing uncontrollably. Our laughter knew no bounds; it seemed endless. Meera lay down on the bed above Naina. The sound of my heartbeat was audible. When Meera realized she could hear my heartbeat, she fell silent and both of them remained quiet. Only the sound of the fan was audible. Naina's throat was dry. 

Meera looked at me, but I couldn't bring myself to meet her gaze. I kept staring off to the right side. I felt incredibly vulnerable, as if someone had stripped me of all strength. I want to push Meera away from here, but I just can't bring myself to do it. Meera slowly moved forward. 

I thought she was coming back for the pillow again. I froze, staring at the side, waiting. Then, I felt her breath near my neck, and a shiver ran down my spine. It felt like a nightmare creeping in. I wished desperately to close my eyes and make it all go away. When Meera's lips touched my neck and took a heavy breath. I said loudly, "Ahhhhhhhh." 

I thought it was a mistake; Meera's lips retreated in 0.01 seconds. Pink lip balm marks adorned my neck where her lips had briefly touched. I gingerly touched my neck; it felt damp, sticky. As Meera moved back. I opened my eyes, still fixated on Meera's side. I was waiting for the moment when Meera would move away from above me, and when I could hide my face in my pillow. Because all of this was tickling my heart. Meera's warm breath on my neck was felt again. Out of fear, I clutched the bedsheets tightly, as if finding balance had suddenly become crucial in my flight. she touched my neck again with just her lips.

She didn't continue the kiss; instead, Meera withdrew her lips and rested her head on my shoulder, as if she were embarrassed by what she had done.

Meera immediately got up without saying anything. She should have at least apologized. Why did she lean over my neck? Why did you do this, Meera? What do you want from me? Why didn't I stop Meera? Why is all this happening? It feels like I'm enjoying it, but I'm also feeling angry. I'm angry, that's all I'm feeling. Enjoying it? Really? I know I hate her. I should stay away from her. God, what a mess this is.

Naina fell asleep, covering herself with a blanket.