32

Meera grinned at Lalita's banter with her grandma. "Seriously, how could I miss the chance to meet your grandma?" she teased.

Lalita pondered for a moment, thinking, "Maybe Meera isn't that bad after all. Why is she acting like this?"

In school, Meanwhile, Naina had arrived at the school, thrilled to see everyone gathered on a Sunday. Teena was busy making hot pizzas, and Naina eagerly joined in to help.

With the camera in hand, Grandma captured the precious moments.

"Putting aside your anger and talking to your parents again made me happy, Asking for my help made me even happier. If you ever need anything, don't hesitate to let me know." Grandma said. 

Grandma's words touched Lalita's heart, and she smiled gratefully. "Sure thing, grandma," she replied, accepting the camera.

As Lalita snapped pictures, the kids around clamored for their turn in front of the camera. Lalita happily obliged, clicking away and capturing the laughter and excitement of the day. It was a scene of pure happiness and warmth.

Meera arrived at the school in her car, bringing along a bunch of gifts for the kids. Some of them were from the orphanage.

Naina spotted Meera stepping out of her car.

Meera handed out the gifts to the children and then went to meet Grandma. She wished her a happy birthday and brought along a big gift. Grandma blessed Meera.

"Hey, kiddo! Remember to spend some time with your friends too! I've spent my whole life, but loneliness never left me, despite earning a fortune," Grandma advised.

Meera glanced at Naina and then nodded towards Grandma. Lost in thought, Meera remembered her own grandma. She used to tell her stories that guided her on the right path. It felt as if her grandma had come back. After giving it some thought, Meera hugged Grandma, and Grandma reciprocated by patting her on the back. Then, she headed over to Teena's place.

Teena ignored Meera, but Naina stepped in, saying, "Meera ma'am, thanks for coming."

Meera replied, "Teena, I'm really sorry."

Teena responded, "Why are you apologizing, ma'am? We're the ones who made the mistake."

Meera picked up a slice of pizza and offered it to Teena, saying, "I know I messed up, and I deserve punishment, but please don't be upset like this, buddy."

Teena gave a slight smile and said, "First, talk to your best friend! Then maybe you'll get forgiveness."

Naina chimed in, "Don't force it! Let it go! I don't even want to talk to Meera anyway."

Teena took a bite of the pizza, while Naina pondered, "We often find ourselves in tough situations. Now that she wants to be friends with me, I can't bring myself to do it. I feel like I want to keep my distance from her now. Maybe I'll never be able to forgive Meera."

Meera was helping when her hand accidentally brushed against Naina's. Naina ignored it, but Meera quickly apologized, saying, "So sorry."

Naina replied, "Something feels off."

Meera clarified, "I was the one who said sorry."

Naina nodded and said, "Oh, it's okay... ma'am."

Meera chuckled.

Confused, Naina asked, "Why are you laughing?"

Meera replied, "I find it amusing, fighting with you. I think that's what I need from you now. Arguing with you makes me feel comfortable."