40

"I'm wondering why Meera didn't come to the office today. I quickly finished my work and went straight to Meera's house. No one was at Meera's house. I called her several times, but she didn't pick up.

Shahnaz took the blood samples to the hospital. Meera is sitting there lost in thought.

"So many people here are in tension."

Shahnaz held her hand and said,

"Let's go home."

She took Meera home and laid her on the bed. Shahnaz noticed that Meera was lying too close to the edge of the bed. She held Meera's waist and pulled her towards the center, Shahnaz was lost in her thoughts.

"It seems like she forgot to lock the door."

Just then, Naina arrived. Naina saw Shahnaz near Meera. Meera had closed her eyes.

"Has anyone come, Shahnaz?"

Shahnaz looked at Naina as she was leaving and said, "No one came. You just relax."

Naina stood outside the building, lost in thought.

"Shahnaz and Meera? I never even dreamed that Meera would deceive me. Is that why she was talking to me like that? So she could break up with me. Cheap Meera. She should've just said it."

I didn't say anything. My face was red with anger.

Naina opened the car door when suddenly a little girl grabbed onto her pants. She was about 4-5 years old. Naina saw her smiling face. The girl was laughing as she looked at Naina. Naina bent down towards the girl and said,

"Mom? Where's your mom?" (My anger seemed to disappear.)

Her mother came running and picked up the girl.

"Pari, I told you to stay here. Wait here." (She scolded the girl, then turned to Naina.) "It was my mistake, I went upstairs to get a water bottle."

"Upstairs? You know Shahnaz, she lives in your building."

"Yes, I know. She's my neighbor. There was a lot of noise last night, a girl came to meet Shahnaz."

"Hmm, I know, Meera must have come, she's my boss."

"She was saying something, I'll fix her attitude. There was a lot of noise." (I felt angry.) "Then doct..."

"Let it go. I have work, I have to go."

If she kept on talking, I felt like killing Meera. Jay called me. I went to meet Jay at his house.

"What happened? Are you upset?"

"Naina, Aahan can't get out of this problem because of you. You betrayed him. Did you ever think about what will happen to Aahan?" Jay said with so much anger. It was the first time I saw anger in Jay's eyes.

"Aahan broke up himself," I shouted back.

"Why did you do it? He knew. Meera likes you. You laughed. What did he gain? He truly loved you. If you were interested in Meera, why did you get into a relationship with Aahan?" Jay noticed regret in Naina's eyes.

"Maybe I won't be able to understand how this happened. But maybe that's why I feel like I'm being punished," Naina said.

"I could punish you, but I've come to request you. Meet Aahan, he's very upset," Jay said.

Naina immediately called Aahan. Aahan answered after two calls.

"Hi Naina," Aahan took a deep breath, then suddenly switched from a sad expression to a big smile.