《Nerdy Red Pt. 2》

/Goodbye/

《RYLAN
~~

Today was the day Sky Makely was leaving Indiana. When I woke up, I just lied in my bed for two hours staring at the white ceiling. I didn't want to get up. I didn't want to face the reality of her leaving. I just wanted to go back to sleep, and escape into the darkness of my room.

Come ten o'clock my mom opened my bedroom door. She was "checking" on me. Like she often did, ever since I was little. Most of the time I would just close my eyes and pretend to be sleeping.

I didn't bother to do that this time.

I listened to her footsteps until she reached the edge of my bed.

"Honey, they're leaving in an hour." She told me while lying a hand on my shoulder. I pulled my blanket over my head.

"I don't want too," I mumbled as a tear slipped off my cheek.

"You'll regret it if you don't go."

"I know," I agreed.

"It'll be okay, I promise." She moved her hand away. "Be ready in ten, I'll drive you."

She shut my bedroom door, I listened to her walk down the steps before I actually sat up.

Tears kept slipping. I had a feeling I'd be crying a lot for the next few days. Especially, because I'd be starting my senior year tomorrow, without my best friend.

I walked over to my body mirror, I had bags under my eyes from lack of sleep. My hair was a tangled mess. Over all I looked like a complete shitty mess.

I went to my closet and pulled out a pair of gray sweats and a tank top. I pulled my hair into a messy bun, not even bothering to brush it. Then I went back over to my bed to slip on my black converse. I looked at myself in the mirror one more time.

Yep, I looked terrible. Good, it compliments a terrible day. I close my bedroom door behind me then I walk downstairs.

"I made breakfast." My mom tells me once I reach the kitchen.

"I'm not hungry." I tell her.

"Honey, I know this isn't a good day. But you have to eat something."

"Mom, please not right now. I'll eat something later."

She gave me a worried look. "Okay."

She walked over to the front door and put her shoes on. Then grabbed her keys.

"Ready?" She asked.

"No." I replied honestly.

She hugged me, "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry this is happening to you."

I hugged her back. "I'm going to miss her."

"I know." She patted my back. We walked out of the house and a thought hits me.

Next time I enter my house, Sky will be on her way to Texas.
~~

When my mom and I pull into Sky's driveway. I start to freak out. I shouldn't of came.

"I have to do this," I tell myself. "I have to be a good friend and let her go."

My mom nods her head beside me. I'm glad she came with me for moral support. Sky's dad is putting last minute things into the moving van they rented when I walk up.

"Oh, hey Rylan." He greets me.

I know it's not my place to be angry at him. I even like sky's dad, but I still find myself being ticked at him. "Hey." I replied.

A few seconds later Sky walks out holding a few items. She sees me and her eyes light up and she smiles. Dropping the items in her hands she rushes to me. She jumps into my arms. I hug her tightly. After a few second we let go.

She looks at my mom, then hugs her with the same amount of force.

"Where's your dad."

"He had a shift this morning." I tell her.

"That's alright, firefighter duties are more important than seeing me off." The smile that marked her face faded. Making my insides drop.

Her parents came to her side.

"Ready?" They both asked her.

She looked up at them with a sad smile. "As ready as I'll every be." She left their side to be by mine. She hugged me again. "I'll miss you a ton. More than you'll ever know."

"I'll miss you too. Enjoy the Texan experience for me." I whispered in her ear.

"We can still Skype."

"We can." I tell her, but I know it won't work out. We'll just get "too busy". But for our sake I hope it does work out.

"Bye." She said before letting go. Her mom took her hand.

"Bye." I whispered back letting my tears freely fall for anybody to see.

My mom and I stood in their "old" driveway and watched them leave Indiana.

By best friend was now officially gone.

/^/^/^/

Word count: 814

Date uploaded: 6/3/15 1:01 am

/^/^/^/