《Nerdy Red Pt. 17》

/The Truth/

~~
"So, what did you have planned for this fine Saturday?" Parker asks me as he pushes away the empty bowl of fruit (he ate most of it).

My cheeks flush, "um. I hadn't really planned anything."

No, I did have something planned. I was going to lounge around in my pajamas all day.

He looks at me, pausing briefly. "Do you want me to leave?"

I look down at my hands, then I look back up at him. I feel my cheeks go red, "no." I mumble.

He smiles. "That is good news Nerdy Red," he leans forward placing his hands flat on the table.

I can't help liking the fact he still calls me Nerdy Red, even though we are... whatever we are.

"We are doing something today."

"What?"

"You and I, we're going out. On a stroll, whatever you wanna say." He gets up, placing our dirty dishes in the sink like it's his house. He turns around, keeping his eyes on me. "Better get ready, we're on a tight schedule."

Without another word I find myself following his commands. I go upstairs and change into a pair of jeans and my favorite sweater.

I quickly comb my tangled mess of fiery red hair. Then, I throw it up into a top knot.

My mind is spiraling out of control with all the things he could possible have planned for today. It makes the butterflies in my stomach crazy, but that's no suprise. I find myself so much as thinking about Parker and the butterflies in my stomach go insane.

I stop on the steps, freezing. Did I just admit that to myself?

Parker comes around the corner, stopping just before the first step. His green eyes lighting up like stars.

Yes, yes you did, Rylan.

"Beautiful as always." He says quietly like there's an audience and he's saying something only for us.

I blush, looking down at my boots. "You're always saying that," I whisper back.

His eyebrows come together, "because it's true. In every way."

I step down next to him. I refuse to look at him in the face. Afraid of what it will tell me, afraid of my heart exploding.

He gently grabs the side of my face, just enough force for me to stop.

"What will I have to do to prove it to you?" He says. "What will I have to do, to get you to believe?"

I feel tears prick the corner of my eyes. My heart jerks a little, and I say it, "stay." And the truth escapes just like that.

I leave Parker's grasp. I leave him standing there, just learning the truth.

He's processing my fears, and getting ready to stop breaking down my walls... because I've built a door and gave him the key..