《Nerdy Red Pt. 24》

/Trouble/

~~

When honey colored light streams through my window in the morning, the first thing I remember is Parkers face beside me.

I roll over, but Parker isn't there.

He's sitting in my reading chair across the room. With a book in his hand, not just any book... one of my poetry books.

I climb out of bed, and slowly make my way to him.

I tap his shoulder, just enough to wake him up. His eyelids flutter open and all I can think about is how much I want to kiss him.

He smiles at me, his eyelids still heavy from sleep. I smile back, as effortless as that. I lean forward with boldness, and I kiss him.

He's surprised, I can tell by how long it takes him to respond. But when he does he responds with force.

He wraps his hands around my waist and hauls me up onto his lap. Squishing the poetry book between us.

He pulls back, the honey colored light pouring through his messed up bed hair.

"You're so beautiful." He murmurs.

"You're not so bad yourself," I say confidently.

"Really?"

I laugh lightly, "yeah. Really."

He smiles again, "that was some of the best sleep I've ever had."

"Really?" I ask with a raised eyebrow. "Then why are you awake in this chair? Reading my poetry book?"

I climb off his lap, and pick up the book. Flipping through a couple pages.

"I was sleeping really good, but I was getting sore. Plus, I enjoyed the view from here."

It takes me a few second to realize I was the view.

He smirks, "I always have."

"Oh, shh." I laugh. Just then I happened to glance at the clock above my bed. "Crap."

"What?"

"We're going to be late for school." I say panicked.

Parker laughs, but I don't think it's funny.

"Parker! Come on."

"Calm down, we've got well over thirty minutes."

I glare at him, "Don't ever tell a girl to calm down."

I grab a towel, "if you hear my parents coming, hide." I go to my bathroom door. "Oh, and don't come in here."

Parker just grins and wiggles his eyebrows as I shut the door.

Fifteen minutes later I step out of the steaming shower. Only to realize I forgot clothes, I always get changed in my room.

Oh gosh, I mentally slap myself. I crack the bathroom door open, Parker is sitting on my bed looking at pictures on my wall. I smile, but then remember my predicament and then I blush.

I stick my head out just a tad, "Hey, Parker?"

He looks up, and if I'm not mistaken I think I see just a little red on his own cheeks.

I tug my towel around my frame as tight as I can.

"Yeah?" He says softly.

"I-I forgot clothes... could you get in my dresser and just grab jeans and some t-shirt?"

"Um, yeah, yeah." He stands up, rubbing the plams of his hands on his jeans.

"Third drawer." I tell him and that's the one he opens. He pulls out a pair of jeans.

"T-shirts are in the second one." He pulls out a purple t-shirt, one that I've had since seventh grade.

"Um, and in the first one-" I trail off hoping he'll get the point.

He opens the first one and thankfully doesn't look too long. He just quickly pulls out underwear and a bra.

He crosses the room and hands them to me. Holding my eyes with his.

"Thank you." I say in a barely audible tone.

He just nods.

I quickly get dressed, and put a comb through my hair.

"Okay, you're going to have go out the way you came." I say, and Parker frowns. "My parents are probably downstairs."

"I'll see you out there then." He opens the window, rain coming down into my room.

"Hey, " I say calmly. Parker turns around and I get up on my tip toes and kiss his cheek. "I'll see you out there."

After that he smiles, he picks up my wet strands of red hair. He wraps it around his fingers. "I'll see you down there."

"Rylan!" My mom's voice comes from downstairs.

"Stay away from the windows," I say lastly before running down the steps.

With a careful smile I enter the kitchen where my mom's brewing coffee and my dad's smearing jam onto toast.

Everything seems to be back to normal, almost.

I take the toast from my dad's hands, "smells yummy."

"Hey," he smiles. "That was mine."

"Not anymore, it's my tummies." I pat my stomach.

My mom holds out a glass of orange and I take it.

"What is that smile for?" She asks.

I throw up my hands, "what a girl can't just be happy?"

"It has to do with that boy, doesn't it?" She looks and my dad and he shrugs.

I just hum as I exit the house.

"We will be talking about this later!" She yells from the kitchen and I shut the door.

Parker emerges from under the awning, hiding from the rain.

I run up to him and take his hand in mine. He just stares down at me.

"What?" I ask as we stand there getting drenced.

He smiles, "you're just different."

"A good different?"

"A fantastic different." He says and pulls me along beside him as we walk to his car.