《Nerdy Red Pt. 26》

/1st case of Zoey/

~~

Parker didn't show up to school the next day. To say the least, I was immediately worried.

Last time I talked to him he said he was going to stay at Brads for the night.

But who actually knows...

I went throughout my day, trying to remain calm. But I couldn't hide the fact that I really, really missed Parker. I was extremely lonely without him.

Especially when I saw Zoey coming my way after school let out.

My palms immediately got sweaty just after hearing the click of her heal behind me.

This isn't going to be good.

"Rylan," she tapped my shoulder and I turned around. Putting the most brilliant smile I could manage on my face. "Hey."

My smile dropped, "hi." I replied. I felt myself shrink to the size she made me feel. Small.

"So," she started rather awkwardly. "Congratulations on getting president of the yearbook committee." She practically choked on every word. What was she doing?

"Uh- thanks? Congratulations on vice president?"

She flicked her long blonde hair over her shoulder and looked down.

"Yeah, yeah." She came closer, and lowered her voice. Great, here it comes. "Let's just make one thing clear. You will not be telling me what to do. You getting president over me is already extremely embarrassing, I'm not going to allow you to boss me around. Got it?"

I shook my head fiercely.

"Good, have a nice day." Then her high heels continued to click all the way to the doors.

Maybe it'll get better?

Oh, who am I kidding. This is only the beginning.

~~

Exiting the school, I started my hunt for Parker.

I wanted to make sure he was okay. The first place I went was his moms.

I don't know why... I knew he wouldn't be there, and he wasn't.

She opened the door, and looked at me expressionless.

"Um," I started nervously. "Parker around?"

She shook her head immediately.

"Oh, okay. I'm sorry," I back down off the porch steps. "If you see him tell him I came around." I knew she wouldn't see him.

"Wait, Rylan." Ms. Scott called out for me to stop. "Please come in," and I did so.

"Would you like something to drink? I have tea, or water?" She asked me as we walked to the kitchen.

"Water is good, thank you."

She went to the refrigerator and pulled out a water.

"I'm assuming he didn't tell you?" She said quietly.

"What?"

"Why he's not here? Since you came looking for him."

"No, I know. I just... I came to make sure you're alright." I said just as quietly.

She put her head down, her hair like Parkers falling over her tired face. She began to cry, and I felt immediately responsible.

"Ms. Scott, oh, please don't cry. I'll leave."

"No," she lifted her head looking straight into my eyes. "Don't leave just yet, I'm glad you came."

I took a deep breath sitting back down. She wiped fresh tears from the corners of her eyes. I reached out and placed my hand on hers.

"How is he doing?" She asked softly.

"Good, really good." I smile thinking about us. "But he wants to come home."

"What? He does?"

"Um, yeah."

"Well, why doesn't he then?"

"Ms. Scott-"

"Please, call me Amy."

"Amy, I don't know what you're talking about. He said... you wouldn't let him he said you kicked him out."

He face goes confused. "No, Rylan. We got two different stories apparently. The night him and his dad fought he left and told me he wouldn't come back until his father was gone. He said he couldn't be here, not with me giving his father a second chance.

I couldn't breath, I felt like I was going to pass out. He lied to me.

"He lied to me." I whisper.

This time Amy grasps my hand. "Honey, he probably had a reason."

"No wonder he was mad at me the other night for saying maybe his dad wanted a second chance. It's because he does, and Parker doesn't want it."

I stand up again, "I've got to go Ms. Scot- Amy."

I walk towards the door.

"Rylan, he really does love you. Tell him I love him, and thank you for coming again. Really."

I smiled at her as I exited the house.

Once I got to Brads I'm literally fuming, I can almost smell my brain burning with all the questions I have.

Brad opened the door with a surprised expression plastered onto his face.

Oh, right. He wasn't expecting a extremely pissed off red head to come knocking on his door this afternoon.

"Parkers girlfriend, right?"

I nodded, my anger slowly evaporating. I was suddenly extremely pleased Parker told his friends we are together or maybe the whole school told him, either way it made me happy.

"Is Parker here?" I asked.

"Yeah, he's sick. He's upstairs if you want to see him."

I thanked Brad, after giving me directions to his room.

I climbed the stairs and opened the door, and brad wasn't kidding when said Parker was sick.

He rolled over, and opened his red eyes in the dark.

"Hey, Nerdy Red." He sniffeled.

"Geesh, I just saw you last night and you were fine."

"It's one of those 24 hour viruses or something."

Suddenly I didn't have the urge to start a fight, or what might end up in a fight. Later, I thought while he patted the bed. Beckoning me to come lie beside him.

"Wait," he said softly. "Nevermind. You might get sick too."

"No, scoot over." He listened and moved over so I could lie beside him.

We were silent for awhile, lying next to each other in the dark.

"Are you okay?" He asked, putting arm around me.

Then I began to cry, because today was terrible, every part of it.