《Nerdy Red Pt. 22》

/Don't/

~~

"You don't love me." I get up from my spot next to Parker.

"Ry," he gets up too, following me across my room. "Don't do what you did when I told you I liked you."

"Do what?"

"Shut down. You didn't talk to me for a whole week." He lies his hand on my shoulder, willing me to turn around. "Rylan, I do love you. I'm totally madly in love with you."

He leans in and kisses me, and I can already tell it's different from the other two. This one is passionate from the beginning.

It literally takes my breath away. I wanted so badly to tell him I loved him back. But I couldn't, it was too much. Those three words.

I was afraid of saying something that might change in the future.

His hands dip under my t-shirt, touching my bare skin with his fingertips.

He lifts me up onto his waist and carries me back across my room to my bed.

Parker lets my head hit my pillow softly, without ever leaving my lips.

I reach up and put my hand in his hair, which is soft as feathers between my fingers.

I tug him closer to me. He makes a noise that ecos in the back of my throat.

He breaks the kiss only to kiss along my jawline and down my neck. Every time he comes into contact with my skin the butterflies in my stomach do a little dance.

With his hand he rubs circles on my stomach as he was applauding the little butterflies.

All I want is for him to be closer, and there's literally to more room. Unless he lies on top of me.

He's about to take off his shirt when my bedroom door opens. My mom screams, then slams the door shut.

Parker and I literally jump off my bed like someone was threatening our lives.

Calmly my mom opens the door just a crack, "honey, your dad and I need you two downstairs now." Then she shuts the door again.

We readjust anything that needs readjusted. I look up at Parker, feeling my face flush. His lips are red and swollen from kissing me. His face is red as well, and he looks out of it.

"Oh my gosh," I say quietly. "My parents are together."

*

Parker and I slowly make our way down the steps.

My dad looks furious, and my mom is pacing. This cannot be good.

First off, my dad is a firefighter. He's pretty built, I mean, so is Parker but not as much. My dad could hurt Parker if he wanted to.

My dad bores his eyes into Parker, giving him the look of death. Great, this is not how I wanted them to meet.

I can literally hear Parker swallow.

"We actually have some good news, Rylan." My mom interrupts my dads interrogation.

"Huh?"

"We're going to stay together. We're going to figure this out. Your dad and I."

"I thought-"

"What honey?"

"I thought it was bad between you two? I mean, you guys wouldn't even want to run into each other."

My parents look at each other. "Rylan," my dad says. "We have been going to marriage counselling."

"What? Why didn't you tell me?"

My mom chews on the bottom of her lip, "we didn't want to give you false hope."

"So instead you guys made it seem really bad?"

"We're really sorry, Rylan." My mom looks hurt.

"Anyhow, about this young man." My dad gestures towards Parker. Parkers eyes get the size of baseballs. "You can leave now, she's not that lonely."

"What?" I yelp. Parker looks confused. I grab Parkers arm, willing him not to leave. "It's not like that, we're- we-"

"We're dating." Parker says for me.

I look up at him, because this is the first time we've actually admitted what we are.

"She's my girlfriend, sir." And then he smiles at me, and I smile back. The butterflies in my stomach are going crazy

*

Parker leaves with a list of rules.

No being here past ten.

No going into my room with the door shut.

No taking me out past ten.

No 'messing around', period.

No hurting me.

No eating all the food (My dad's rule).

No matter how ridiculous the rules were, I couldn't get the grin off my face. Parker is my boyfriend... and I'm his girlfriend.