《Nerdy Red Pt. 16》

/What happens next?/

~~
I make popcorn as Parker selects a movie.

I ended up inviting him in after the kiss. I don't know what I was thinking...

I sit down next to him, trying to get rid of how nervous I feel.

I'm so nervous I'm literally shaking.

He notices in a split second. "C'mere." He murmurs, and then pats the spot next to him. I sit next to him, but apparently not close enough. He pulls me to him so I'm almost in his lap.

He takes my hands and holds them in his, "are you okay?"

I nod, an automatic response.

He raises his eyebrow, "Ry."

Our noses are so close to each other we could almost be kissing again. "Why me?" I whisper so lightly I think he doesn't hear.

But his face lights up, "because you're different from the other girls."

"Different how?"

He chuckles, "like everyway. You- you're perfect."

"Am not." I blush.

"Okay, maybe not perfect. But you're perfectly imperfect."

I shake my head, but can't help but smile.

The movie starts and after awhile I feel myself relax.

I relax to much apparently, because I fall asleep.

The next thing I know I'm being lifted up into a pair of strong arms. Then a thick blanket covers me in warmth.

*
I wake up to the smell of bacon. The first person I think of is my dad.

Could it be possible? Could my dad actually be home for more than ten minutes?

As I step into the kitchen I let go of all my hopes.

Parker is standing over the stove in nothing but a pair of shorts. I can't help cackling.

He turns around and looks at me, immediately smiling.

"You should be wearing a shirt," I state blushing. "What if the grease from the bacon pops up onto you?"

"Ah," he denies. "I'm an expert bacon frier."

"Sure you are." I mumble. "What if my parents would have came home last night?" I ask taking my eyes off his bare chest.

He swivels around, "I didn't stay the night, Rylan."

"Oh," my blush deepens.

"I just made sure the doors and stuff were locked and I left. Then I came back here this morning to fix you breakfast." He smiles down at me proudly.

I can't look at him without blushing.

He laughs, "Nerdy Red, am I making you nervous with all my shirtlessness."

"I don't think that's an actual word-" I say still looking away.

"So I am," he laughs again. Enjoying the current state of my face.

"You're going to burn the bacon!" I shout to get his attention off of me.

He turns back around almost dropping the fork in his hand in the process.

He sets the plate of bacon on the table in front of me, then pulls out the chair next to me to sit on.

"Thats it?" I asked.

He looks stunned before responding. "Well yeah. Bacon is the perfect meal. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner."

I laugh standing up, I go to the refrigerator and pull out a bowl of fruit.

I set the bowl down in front of him, "now maybe we won't die from eating all that bacon."

He scoffs, "fruit... with bacon?"

"The perfect meal." I add with a smile.

He takes and bite of the fruit and nods. "Okay, its not too bad."

"To fruit and bacon," I say and we raise our bacon slices.

"Even though the strawberries aren't as good as my moms." He adds.

I roll my eyes.