《Nerdy Red Pt. 10》

/Holding On/

《RYLAN》

~~

As soon as I walked into the door I expected my parents to be standing there pacing back and forth. But they were nowhere to be seen, and for the first time in my life I was absolutely okay with that.

I was mad at them, I honestly tried not to be. But I was mad.

Divorce is hard on everyone, especially the people that believe they'll work it out.

I think about what Parker said to me about how his parents had the best kind of relationship, but things still didn't work out. I'm still holding into the hope my parents will work it out.

~~

Around midnight, Sky managed to get ahold of me on Skype. I was trying to feel happy about it, but inside, I just really didn't feel like talking.

"Hey, Ry!" She grinned from ear to ear.

"Hey, Sky. How are you?"

"Good, really good. Besides the fact that I miss you."

"I miss you too. Tell me about your life is down there?"

"Omg, Ry. The school down here is fabulous, so are the people. I actually feel like a goddess or something. I figured I was going to have trouble fitting in because I'm a senior and everything. But I had no trouble just walking right in."

"That's great Sky, I'm so happy for you."

She bites her lips, "I have a boyfriend, Ry."

"Seriously? What's his name?"
"Jackson, he is so amazing. He's been nice to me since I showed up here. I also made some friends rather quickly. Sam, and Victoria. We practically haven't left each others sides." She laughs.

"I'm really glad you're doing okay," is all I can say.

"Ry, I really wish I could talk more. But I gotta go, Skype you later?"

I just nod.

"See ya."

"Bye," I say.

After she cuts off the connection, I let tears fall freely. It's just hard for me to imagine Sky having another best friend, or friends. It's hard for me to imagine not meeting her boyfriend, or not gossiping about people at our school together. It finally hits me then, I've lost Sky.

/^/^/^/

Word count: 360

Date published: 6/16/16

/^/^/^/