《Nerdy Red Pt. 19》

/Saying Goodbye/

~~
The rest of the day was as eventful as Parker promised. Coffee shop, movie, dinner, and music browsing.

We finally got back to my place and I was wishing we could do this everyday. We both were ignoring the fact he'd have to go back home, at least for a little while or else his mom would worry.

Parker puts a movie in and we both sit on the couch. That's when Sky decides she wants to skype. I take a moment to decide if I really want to talk to her.

"Hi!" She says as happy as ever. There's some guy in the background, I'm guessing it's her boyfriend.

"Hi." I say back.

She starts rambling, and I find myself drifting away from her. I look over my phone to Parker who is really into the movie. I smile, even though he's not looking at me.

"What are you smiling at?"

Sky jerks me back to her conversation. "Nothing," I tell her immediately.

"It's something."

"No."

There's a long awkward pause. She goes on about one of her friends.

"Sky," I stop her mid-sentence. "Do you realize you haven't asked me one thing about my life? You jut keep rambling on about you."

Even through the screen I can see her cheeks brighten.

"I mean, I want to hear about you Sky. But I'm just not in the mood."

"I'm sorry, Rylan."

Her calling me Rylan stuns my heart. She's always called me Ry.

"My parents are getting a divorce, okay? And the only thing good in my life right now is Parker Scott. I'm saying goodbye to you Sky. I was too afraid to do it when you left, and maybe it's unfair to do it now, when it's easy. But life isn't fair. I'm glad for our years of friendship. But it's done now, go brag to one of your new friends about your new life." I shut my phone off.

My gaze meets Parkers. He mouths 'are you okay?'.

I nod.

He opens his arms and I crawl across the couch to him.

He turns the tv off, and we sit cuddled up together in the silence. I guess that's all I ever wanted, someone to sit comfortably in the silence with.