growth

For the next few hours, you did great. Dante and Arya, having been here multiple times before, wanted to show the group around to little places on the grounds like the cabin that was actually a tiny convenience store, the play ground and pool area, and the little petting zoo. In a crooked line of four, Dante walked next to Arya and Sabrina, with you trying to keep up and tag along close behind them. Behind you guys, Jacob and Sid walked side by side talking about some game they apparently both played. The hottest part of the day had passed, and it was well shaded on the path you walked thanks to all the sugar maple trees.

"Pigs!" Arya exclaimed, drawing out the word. She tugged excitedly at Dante's hand then dropped it to run ahead.

"Ha, gross," Sabrina smiled. "I'm taking a selfie with it."

The giant, goofy looking creature stood clueless while Sabrina whipped out her phone and snapped a picture of the two of them. Arya petted it happily and spoke to it in a cutesy voice as if it weren't the same size as all of you. Sid snapped a few pictures from a distance, and once Jacob knew he wouldn't photo bomb, he approached the enclosure as well and pet another of the fuzzy pigs that were snorting happily at him.

"Dante, don't you love pigs?" he began, knowing full well Dante was scared of them. "I think this one wants you to pet it."

"I think that one can kick rocks," Dante spoke in a matter-of-fact voice. You laughed at the idea of him telling a pig to kick rocks.

Jacob shrugged with a bashful smile when his eyes met yours, then he gestured with his head toward the animal again, "Y/N? You scared too?"

You couldn't lie, hearing your name come from his mouth again after so long made your heart drop; but if he could be perfectly okay around you, you would be perfectly okay around him. You gave him a face that said as if, and strolled over to the wooden gate yourself where the smallest pig stood waiting for attention. Chickens ran all around the fenced in little yard as well, and those you were a little more afraid of, but you tried not to let it show. You stroked the little pig's rough fur, and could feel Jacob's eyes on you. When you looked up you could swear his expression was fondness, but wrote it off immediately as you looking too deeply into things. Your hand flew up instinctively to twirl your necklace, which was now just a bee pendant. Jacob's gaze dropped to your fidgeting fingers, then back up to your face. It seemed like he wanted to say something, but a beady eyed chicken that you were sure had malicious intentions started curiously and quickly making its way toward you. You pulled back quickly from the fence, and from him.

"Oh thank god they have communal showers," Sabrina said noticing the building slightly hidden by trees.

You smiled over at Dante and Arya and said, "Yeah, this place is pretty nice. Good pick, you guys."

They thanked you, and led the group further down the play ground and pool area. They told you guys how the pool was of course closed this week for maintenance, but you had free reign of the play ground; that you would definitely be checking out at some point, but refused now to be the only one running excitedly for it. You walked some tattered paths not far from the grounds, talked and laughed, and made your way back to sit around the fire pit before it was completely dark. The guys pulled whatever frozen meats they'd brought from the cooler to start cooking over the fire, and the girls sat up the condiments, napkins, and pulled out the gallons of sweet tea and water.

"Where's the alcohol?" Sabrina playfully whined.

"They got some up at the store," Arya answered. "But I'm a 'lil tired for that tonight, maybe tomorrow?"