luxurious

You guys snooped around up there, peaking into each bedroom and mentally claiming which ones you wanted. There were four total: one had a queen size bed with an in suite full bathroom, another had a king size bed with the same full bathroom, and bedrooms 3 and 4 shared same entrance, but inside was a door to separate the spaces. You assumed this room would go to the engaged couple and their main wedding party duo, and the other two separated bedrooms would be Jacob and Sid, and you and Sabrina. How you just loved sharing a bed with that girl.

"Having fun?" an unfamiliar voice spoke behind you, and Jacob's hand instinctively rose to rest on your lower back protectively. You both turned to see a man who closely resembled Dante, only a few shades darker and a good 3-4 inches taller. He noticed your realization that he was the best man and Dante's half-brother, Jaxon. "You must be Jacob and Y/N." He extended a hand for one of you to shake, and you let Jacob take it after he removed his own hand from your back.

"Yeah, sorry, we didn't mean to be rude being nosy up here," you expressed nervously.

"Nah you're good, I couldn't believe the size of this bitch either," he noted, shaking his head while looking all around the spacious room.

This got a laugh out of you and Jacob, and the three of you talked about the insane size and price of the luxurious house as you descended the stair case to join the others; you didn't say anything when Jacob's fingers purposely and repeatedly brushed yours on the way down.

The moment you saw Lea, you had to do a double take between her and Arya. You looked to Jacob with wide eyes, and he was already nodding his head at you as if saying I know, right? You could've easily been convinced they were at least fraternal twins, even though you knew they were only cousins. It seemed Jaxon and Lea had already been introduced to everyone but Jacob and you, so Dante and Arya took a moment to do the same for you guys. You all exchanged pleasantries, made a few comments about being blown away by the house, and then the happy couple told you all after getting your bags inside you'd be venturing out into Savannah for a bit of freestyle sight-seeing and shopping around.

Despite putting up a fight -- granted, it was rather weak -- nothing you said stopped Jacob from bringing your bags into the house for you. You rolled your eyes fondly at his insistent chivalry, noticing your will to keep away from him was fading faster by the hour.

Everyone's packed bags were in a pile in the middle of the large kitchen floor, as it was the biggest room closest to the front door. It was a long and strenuous walk up the steps, for all the guys, anyway, who carried the girls' bags, so Arya waited for them to regain control of their breathing before beginning her announcement.

"So, I figured me and Lea would have one of the beds in the room that's joined to the other room, and then the other one would go to Dante and Jaxon," she looked around at all of us, who were nodding. "Kind of like one last sleepover with our best friends before the wedding. And then, if you guys don't mind," Arya spoke sweetly at the four of you left so far without rooms. "We would do Y/N and Sabrina again in the the third room, and Jacob and Sid in the fourth."

Unexpectedly, you and Sabrina showed the same discomfort, and you noticed her look hesitantly to Sid. It was beginning to be too long of a pause before an accepting response, so you took the liberty of telling Arya that was fine with you guys. She smiled graciously and suggested you all bring your bags to your rooms, so you did. There was indistinguishable chatter amongst the group as you walked up the stairs, and when you got to the room with the queen sized bed and dropped your bag, Sabrina only stood in the doorway with hers, watching you with irresolution.

"Yeah?" you finally asked. "What's wrong? Did you want this side of the bed?"

"Actually," she shifted her weight from one foot to the other, "Can you come with me to Sid and Jacob's room real quick?"

Confusion was all over your face as you slowly nodded, and kicked your bag a little closer to the bed before following her out of the room and down the hall a few feet to the guys' room. Sid stood with his hands on his hips and his mouth in an unamused flat line when you two entered; Jacob's eyes were wide and panicky when they landed on you.

"What's up?" you nervously chuckled and looked between Sid and Sabrina.

"Well," Sid began while scratching a spot on his head. "Sab and I were hoping to share a room, actually."

A silence fell over the room as you realized what they were asking, and why Jacob looked at you how he did a few seconds ago. You blinked a few times, completely at a loss for words. Everyone was.

"I know it would be a little weird," Sabrina finally said, "but maybe you guys could sleep opposite ways? Like head to feet?"

Your brows shot up at her audacity, but you still didn't speak. A lump rose in your throat, but more of discomfort than sadness. You mentally willed Jacob to speak for you guys, to tell them no, or at least come up with some other solution... Finally, he did.

"I'll sleep in the living room, it's okay," he picked up his bag, and victorious smiles appeared on Sid and Sabrina's faces, but their celebration was your guilt.

"No I will," you offered, but Jacob didn't even pause on his way out the door. "Really, I don't mind."

"Y/N, I'm not making you sleep on a cold leather sofa," he muttered as you followed him down the stairs.

"Well it's not fair for you to have to."

"Not your fault."

You racked your brain for some other solution: why couldn't Sid and Sabrina just fuck in the giant pantry, get it out of their systems, and leave you out of it?

"Wait, okay? Just wait," you put your hand on his shoulder, and he finally halted two steps from the bottom to look up at you.

"I don't want Dante and Arya to ask questions about why your bag is on the floor downstairs, then figure things out and realize that I'm making you sleep down there because I can't just grow up and get over a silly high school relationship from almost a decade ago."

Instead of relief, what looked like offense crossed Jacob's face. His brows came together just before he repeated my words, "Silly high school relationship?"

You realized suddenly how belittling that sounded, especially knowing it was still something he wasn't over either. You began fidgeting with your necklace and said, "Well, it was a high school relationship, but I didn't mean it wasn't, like, serious..." you fumbled over your words, getting more anxious by the second.

"I thought it was pretty serious," he commented.

Indignation promptly replaced your guilt, and you said coldly without a second thought, "Yeah. I could really tell."

His expression fell, and he sat his bag on the step next to his feet before turning to fully face you, "You wanna get into this now? Here?"

You swallowed hard and looked him up and down in an instant before shaking your head. Any balls you'd had to make spiteful comments mere seconds ago were gone now; you did not want to do this here and now. He picked his bag up again without breaking eye contact, and asked, "Where should I put this?"

"Maybe it's best you put it in my room but still sleep downstairs."

"Right, yeah," he uttered, then passed you, actively avoiding making any contact with you despite the compact space. You stood frozen only for a moment once he was out of sight, going back in forth in your mind between marching upstairs or being the bigger person and rejoining the others downstairs.

You never were known for your good decisions.