The Lightning Thief Pt2: Jay

Reader is a thief and best friend of Jay Walker, The Lightning Ninja.
Jay has just found out your secret identity. How will he react? What about your friendship?
Request by LMNTrix117
T/n: Thief Name
Enjoy!
——————————————•—————————————
My eyes slowly fluttered open. 'What happened?'

'Oh right! Bullet, Jay, passed out.'

I sit up with a grown. My leg is throbbing. Glancing around I notice I am in my room.

"How in the FSM did I get home?" I mutter.

"I brought you here..." Jay spoke, stepping out of the shadows.

"Jay!? Uhhhhh!" I tried to think of an excuse.

"I know your T/n, Y/N." He sounded sad.

"Jay... I-"

"Don't! I don't want to hear an excuse!" He yelled, stepping closer.

I flinched. Jay never yelled.....Never at me.

His head dropped as he sat on the edge of the bed. "Why Y/N?"

I bite my lip. ".....I told you why...."

"No! Why did you lie, to me....." His gaze met mine.

My heart shattered. His eyes were puffy and red. 'Had he been crying?'

"I- I couldn't tell you Jay....you all saw me as a criminal...." I looked down at my sheets.

"But you could have, we tell each other everything!" He protested.

"Jay, would you honestly have stayed my friend if I told you?" I asked looking back up at his face for a brief moment. "I'm T/n, the thief that the Ninja hate!"

He paused, his gaze searching mine. "I don't hate you..."

I let a single tear drop down my face as I looked back down. "I'm sorry Jay, I didn't want you to find out this way"

He sighed, holding his head in his hands. "What am I going to do...."

"You're not going to turn me in?" I asked softly.

"I should!" He glared at me, but then it softened and he looked back down. "But I can't..."

"Y-you can't?" I ask wary.

"You're my best friend Y/N. And you were stealing for a good cause...." He sighs. "Why do I have to be in love with a criminal." He mumbles.

"You, love me?" My eyes widened.

"Uh, you weren't supposed to hear that, heh." He laughs nervously.

"Now you sound more like my Jay." I giggle.

"Your Jay?" He wonders. "You like me back?"

"I mean.... It's kind hard not to. You're funny, sweet, and also brave." 

His cheeks turn a deep red. His electric gaze locked with mine. He scoots closer, our faces inches apart. His eyes jumps from my lips and back. I do the same. After we are noses are barely touching. A loud beeping erupts from his coms.

We both jump apart. Jay chuckles nervously and holds his hand to the com.

"I have to go, the serpentine are causing trouble again." He heads for my open window but stops halfway out. "No more Thieving till your all healed got it."

I nod with a giggle. He smiles warmly before sliding his hood and jumping out.

Sometimes I wondered what my greatest job was.

I now know it was the day I stole the Lightning Ninjas heart, and he stole mine.