Protect: Zane

Reader is a Robot Assassin. Picture above is your outfit. (Picture from Pinterest)
You were sent to eliminate The Ice Ninja. If you fail you will be turned offline permanently. But when you learn he is like you, what will happen?
Tw: Fighting, mention of abuse, weapons
Enjoy!
——————————————•—————————————
"You will eliminate The Ice Ninja within 42 hours. Do not Fail, A.D. 726." The hologram in my hand faded to nothing.

I jumped onto the next building. My target directly below me. He had platinum, almost white, hair and Blue eyes.

This was my target. Zane Julien, The Ice Ninja.

The Target walked into an alley way. I tapped the side of my mask, my vision changed and I could see his signature through the walls. I leaped onto the next roof. My back flat against a wall.

"Hello? Who's there?" The Target asked.

I stayed silent.

A shuriken landed next to my head. My eyes darted in the direction it came from. Standing at the other end of the roof was my target.

'How did he get up here so fast'

"Show yourself!" He commanded.

I stepped into the moonlight. His eyes widened upon seeing me but then quickly harden again.

"Who are you?!"

I stayed silent, allowing my silence to speak for me. My gaze still locked on his figure.

"You're an assassin..." He realized.

In a blink of an eye I launched at him. Dagger in hand. I aimed for his throat but a Golden shuriken blocked my path.

We continued like this for minutes. Me attacking, him defending. Our body's almost moved as one. No one had an advantage over the other.

"Who sent you?" He blocked another blow.

My response was my silence.

"Why are you doing this?" He stumbled back from my attack.

"I don't have a choice." I tried to keep my voice flat but a hint of desperation seeped out.

"We always have a choice."

"I don't." I pushed.

With that he managed to switch the roles. Him attacking, me defending.

In a moment of my sudden surprise he kicked my feet out from under me. I handed on my back, my mask flying off. I quickly turned my gaze back to him. He was standing above me now. My dagger now in his hands, inches from my throat.

His eyes were wide as he studied my metal face. His Blue gaze locked with my Yellow.

"You're a Nindroid?"

"I am an Assassin Droid!" I spat.

"I know this is not what you want to do, I can see it in your eyes." The dagger was pulled away.

"You don't know anything about me! I am a Droid, I do what I was programmed to do!"

His face flickered between a million emotions before settling on one, understanding. Then his once human skin disappeared, showing the metal below.

A gasp escaped my mouth.
He was like me.

"You don't have to." His eyes were as gentle as his voice.

"You don't understand, they will terminate me if I fail!" My voice wavered. I was terrified of what would happen if I didn't complete my assignment.

"Let me help you." He held his hand out.

"You can't help me."

"I was built to protect those who can not protect themselves." For the first time I really look at his eyes. I noticed the almost Icy aura to them yet the kindness they portrayed. "Let me protect you."

I slowly set my hand in his. He pulled me to my feet with a gentle smile on his lips. "What is your name?"

"A.D. 726."

"Oh..."

"But I've always liked the name Y/N."

"Y/N it is then."

Zane led me away from the city and into the mountains. He promised he would protect me from my creators. He promised I would never have to kill again.

I am no longer A.D 726. Now I am Y/N, Friend to Zane.