Hope Pt2: Kai

Reader is the elemental master of force. You can move things with your mind.
Kai has been helping you settle into life with the Ninja. Slowly you've grown more comfortable with them but one in red seems to be the most comfortable to be around.
What is this feeling? Dose he feel it to? What about your damaged past?
Tw: Soft Kai, Mentions of abuse, PTSD, panic attacks
Request by Eikoloveschocolate and Lloydfan27
This was really hard to write. If I got anything wrong please let me know.
Enjoy!
——————————————•—————————————
Life with the Ninja is a lot different than life in the lab. Kai has made sure that I am comfortable. Wu has even been training me to get stronger.

"Y/N, can you lift this?" Wu holds up a cup of tea.

I nod and close my eyes, focusing on the cup. I see it in my head and lift it within my mind. It stays up for a few moments before I gently set it back down.

"Good." He smiles as I open up my eyes

"Hey Y/N you ready for a challenge?" Kai smirks. from where he is leaning against the mast.

I smile back. A bost of confidence surging through me. "You mean, you?" I tease back.

"On that's it! Your on!" He rushes at me as I get into a fighting stance.

My gaze flickers between him and a memory.

A man in a black outfit running at me. The one who took me as a child.

"No No! Please!" I scream, falling to my knees. My powers shoot Kai back. He collides with the mast again.

A sob escapes my mouth, shaking my body. Tears race down my face as I curl more into myself. "P-please"

I'm strapped to a table, screaming and struggling, as they do tests on my mind. "Stop!"

"Y/N! Are you ok? What's wrong?" Kai skids to my side. He pulls me into his chest where I continue to shake.

"Subject 232 is ready for the Electrical test." The head scientist says as I scream in pain.

"Y/N?" He calls for me again. "Master Wu what's going on?"

"No one wants a freak like you." The guard slaps my face. "You're a dangerous, stupid, monster." He kicks my stomach causing me to double over on to my side.

"She is having a Panic Attack." He rushes over. "Quickly take her to her room."

Kai nods and rushes back inside, me still in his arms. My gaze flickers to another memory.

Guards sprawled around me, dead. I killed them.

Kai lays me down on my bed. He pushes a strand of hair from my face. Tears still streaming down as the memories come. "Y/N? Speak to me."

I'm crying in my cell, curled into a ball in the corner. Bruises and cuts across my child body.

"Y/N...." I hear him call. The memories fade and I see Kai above me. His face frozen in worry.

I leap up and wrap my arms around him. My body shaking with sobs. "I don't want to go back!"

"Shhh, love you're safe, you're not going anywhere." He soothes, rubbing my back. He adjust himself on the bed so he is holding me in his lap. "Listen for my heartbeat, Y/N. I'm right here."

'Bump Dump'

I set my head on his chest.

'Bump Dump'

My breathing slows and my sobs turn into sniffles. My heart beats soon match his.

'Bump Dump'

"I'm here Y/N, they won't hurt you anymore." He presses his lips to the top of my head gently.

"I'm sorry..." I sniffle.

"Don't." He commands gently. "You have nothing to apologize for."

I pull away and look at my hands in my lap. "I'm broken, Kai." I sniffle, tears trickling down.

"You're healing Y/N." He encourages.

I notice a bruise forming on his face. My eye widened and I clench my hands to my chest. "I hurt you because I didn't have control!"

"You could never hurt me." He lifts my chin up with his finger.

"But I did."

"And I forgive you." He smiles. "Do you know how many things I used to set on fire before I had control, I used to set myself on fire!"

I giggle softly and lean onto him. "Thank you Kai."

"Anything for you, Darling." He pecks my nose before wrapping his arms tighter around me. My face heats up, and it's not because of how unnaturally warm he his.

"You have given me the greatest gift ever." I whisper.

"What's that?"

"Hope"