17

"It's going to be fun," she said.

"It's not going to be painful," she said.

"Just take a deep breath... and relax your arms," Rita spoke to me in her relaxed voice, oblivious to my suffering as her back was facing me. If only she could see the look on my face right now. I probably look like a recruit getting fucked over by his OC for doing something really stupid. "Yeah, uh, I'll try my best," I replied with my legs spread to the absolute limit. Shit, I could almost feel something tearing apart in my groin region.

However, I'm not really complaining that much, for the view before my eyes was absolutely fantastic. Rita was in a pose known as the "baby cobra," giving me a full view of her toned butt. As I've mentioned before, she is lean and looks like an athletic person. Her yoga pants accentuated the shape of her ass, making the outline of each butt cheek visible.

And don't get me started on her singlet. Who knew someone wearing a singlet over a sports bra could look so sexy? Her loose-fitting white singlet hangs over her chest, feeding my head with truckloads of fantasies. Previously, I was too busy working out and dealing with my girlfriend's mom to realize, but up close, Rita is easily an 8.5 out of 10 in terms of looks and figure-wise. Her hair is tied up in a ponytail when exercising, but it suits her really well.

Admiring her figure while exercising, the next 30 minutes passed by in a flash. The two of us sat down on our exercise mat and started chatting while hydrating our bodies. Before long, the topic soon came to the inevitable. "So, what's this whole 'excess energy' thing all about?" Rita asked, taking a sip of water from her mug.

"Uh, well... I'm always very restless, and uh... we just thought it might be good for me to put the excess energy to good use," I replied, stuttering as I made things up on the spot. Rita squinted her eyes, taking another sip from her mug. Even a child could tell that she's not buying this shit I came up with.

"You really think I'll buy that?" Rita smirked, looking at me all suspiciously. "You can trust me, I won't tell anyone." Although I barely knew Rita for two weeks, I had a feeling I could trust her. Besides, there was no need for me to tell her the full story. I'll just filter out some parts.

"Alright, you got me there," I replied, looking a little awkward. "Truth be told, I was caught with a full-blown erection..." Before I could say anything else, Rita's over-the-top reaction completely caught me off guard. "Oh shit, wait are you serious?" Rita laughed heartily, genuinely entertained by what I just said. "You somehow managed to get caught with a full-on boner?"

Although she was laughing, I wasn't mad at all. It's not like she's making fun of me. It's obvious that she's laughing at the fact that something this ridiculous happened. "Just how obvious was your boner for you to get caught like that?" Rita continued asking with a cheeky look on her face, like an older sister teasing her younger brother.

"I... it was just a regular erection..." Before I could finish, Rita's laughter took over the conversation. "You don't have to answer that! I was just messing with you!" She teased, slapping me on my right shoulder, "Must have been impressive, hahaha!"

Messing with me? Well, two can play at that game.

Without skipping a beat, I said this in the heat of the moment. "I can show you how impressive it is if you'd like," I said with an arrogant look on my face, or at least, that's what I thought I looked like.

Rita's eyes opened wide and she went all quiet suddenly. Well, I should not have said that. I definitely should not have said that. The three seconds of silence were an ordeal. Rita stared at me with a look of disbelief on her face. Alright, brain. Now would be a very, very good time to tell her that it was all a joke.

"I..." As soon as I opened my mouth, Rita gave my right shoulder a slap. A really, really hard slap.

"Oh my god, I can't believe you just said that! Aren't you a 'charming' one!" Rita mocked, bursting into uncontrollable laughter right after. Ouch, now I'm a little insulted. But at least she didn't slap me across the cheek and kick me out of the house.

"Haha... now you know why all the ladies fall for me..." The lackluster reply I gave was drowned out by Rita's laughter. "Okay, now you have to tell me how your cheesy ass even managed to get a girlfriend in the first place!"

At that very moment, I knew she'd be making fun of me every chance she gets in the future. Looking on the bright side, at least I've made myself a pretty cool friend. Even though I didn't get the chance to go further with her today, I can't say that today's developments were a bad thing.

Rita and I eventually became pretty close over the course of two months, getting to the point where we can joke about almost anything. To be honest, I was glad my future mother-in-law forced me to meet her. As for why, I'll go into details when the time comes.

---

Anyway, another uneventful week went by and I was back to my usual routine. It was as if nothing had happened between my future mother-in-law and me. To be honest, it was because of Rita's advice. She told me to play it cool so as to ease the tension in the air, and it's been working really well so far. Then came a relatively interesting weekday night.

If my memory serves me well, it was a Thursday and I was on my way home. The MRT was packed like a can of sardines, and I was standing below the sweat-stained armpit of a really tall man. While I was contemplating my existence, my cellphone started vibrating non-stop.

Given the intensity of the vibration, there could only be two possibilities.

1) Someone's trying to call me
2) A certain worst best friend is texting me incessantly

As soon as I was given some breathing room, I escaped from beneath the armpits of doom and leaned against one of the train doors. Sure enough, Ah Tan was sending me messages faster than I could reply. The gist of it was that Ah Tan had just received his bonus from his workplace and he was damn excited. You see, Ah Tan was working a 9-to-7 shitty job with an even shittier pay. Recently, due to a change in management, there was a vast improvement in Ah Tan's working conditions.

And the best part of it all, he was given two months' worth of bonus. Naturally, I was happy for him. However, like all people with poor financial management skills, Ah Tan has decided to treat the other three (Me, Royce, and Jeremy) to a holiday trip. While we are really good friends, having him pay for the trip would be ridiculous no matter what. Just as I was about to turn down his offer, Jeremy replied to Ah Tan's messages in the group chat.