Chapter 9: Escape

John heard a beeping sound inside the car when he woke up the following morning. He used his palm to wipe his eyes and looked around to see where the sound was coming from. He heard it coming from the passenger's seat when he put his ear to it. When he raised the chair, he discovered a tiny gadget. It had a phone-like appearance, but on the screen was a radar that showed a red beeping dot. When he clicked the red dot, he saw that it was pointing to the place where he was.

Before he knew it, a helicopter was flying overhead, so he sped up as fast as he could.

He told himself, "I should have known it was a tracking device."

Several troops pursued him as he drove into the woods and got to a section of the woods where he couldn't drive in. He grabbed the guns, exited the vehicle, and dashed into the forest. Upon reaching his parking spot, the troops dismounted and fired towards him, but they were unable to get him.

He halted at a cliff while running away from them, and there was a large river beneath it. It wouldn't have been simple for him to swim in the material he was wearing as it was a soldier's uniform, but he turned and heard the chopper heading towards him. He threw the key in his mouth and dove into the river before the chopper could reach him.

John eventually reached the riverbanks after a very drawn-out and tense swim; he crawled out of the water and lay down on the bank. When he dove into the river, he dropped the AK-47, leaving him with just his second rifle. He was still lying on the riverbank, gasping for air, He then took the key out of his mouth and placed it on his chest.

After a while, he stood up and realised how disorganised his physique was. He was dressed in a soldier's uniform and it was filthy and unkempt. Despite his hunger and thirst, he was powerless to stop himself since he was perceived by everyone as a murderer. Sitting on the bank, he wondered how he would get off the riverbank and past people without them realising he was the one. He was unable to come up with a plan, so he had to proceed cautiously. He pulled out his gun and looked at it, he checked if there were bullets inside and there were. With the gun in his hands, he walked away from the riverbanks.