Chapter 23: I love him

Trending topics on the news

The US border is to be open in 3 days since the body found under the river is very similar to Mr White's body.

"You hear that Lauren, in three days this whole shit is going to be over," John said

"Of course it will, I'm so happy for you John," Lauren said and John smiled. "So in three days, you're going to be saying goodbye,"

"Sadly," he said and smiled at Lauren but she didn't smile back, she wasn't happy he was leaving and she couldn't hide it.

"Okay," she said and went up to her room which got John a Little confused as to why she stormed out like that.

When Lauren walked into the room, she shut the door and leaned her back on it.

Lauren's POV

Why can't he see it, why can't he see these feelings that I have for him? It's like I'm not even trying at all. I let him stay with me, I stopped all my friends from coming over because I wanted him to feel safe and I made sure he was comfortable around me. I don't have a violent bone in my body yet I'm living with a guy who has a gun. I keep asking questions about when he's leaving trying to make him realise I don't want him to go but it's like he doesn't even care, I just don't know what else to do. (tears rolled out Lauren's eyes) he's leaving in three days and it looks like the end of the world is in three days.

While Lauren was in her room, there was a knock on the door. Lauren quickly cleaned the tears in her eyes,

"Come in," she said and John opened the door and walked into the room.

"Hi...are you okay?" John asked and slowly walked to her,

"Yeah, yeah, I'm just ... I just remembered I had to do something," Lauren said,

John walked to her bed and sat with her,
"Are you, are you crying?" John asked curiously but Lauran claimed she wasn't. John asked again because her eyes were obviously wet and then she sobbed and leaned on his chest, John then placed his arms around her and hugged her, "It's okay," he said,

While she was crying, she sobbed,
"Please don't go," she said,

On hearing this, John became a little confused,
"Wait, are you crying because I'm leaving?" he asked and she nodded her head.

"Wow, if you want me to stay that bad then I'm not going anywhere," he said. She raised her face and looked at him when he said this, "The only reason I wanted to leave is because I felt I was inconveniencing you, and if I leave here there is nowhere else I could go, deep down, I want to stay,"

"Then stay, please stay. There was never a time I complained about your presence because I always wanted you to be around me," she said, "I Love you John, and I'm tired of saying that in riddles," she said and John remained quiet for a while. "Do you love me?" she asked and John remained quiet.

After a while, John asked her a question,
"If I tell you I love you, would you believe me?"

"No," she said politely while shaking her head.

"I know you won't, I stayed quiet thinking of proof that I really do love you but I couldn't think of one,"

"You love me?" she asked curiously,

"Do you believe I didn't kill the president?"

"Of course I do,"

"Then believe me one more time, I love you, I guess I didn't realise that because of what I was going through,"

"But how do I know you're not lying to me?" she asked but then John held up her face and began to kiss her.