Chapter 28: I'm not leaving you

A helicopter circled the building while the troops surrounded it, waiting for John to emerge.

After asking Lauren to stay behind him, John ran to his room, and took out his rifle, and the key in his closet. He then looked out all the windows for a safe place to escape, but he was unable to find one.

He looked at Lauren. "Okay here is the thing, you hide in the wardrobe and I'll go through the back, if they see me they'll go after me but the point is you're safe,"

"No John I'm not leaving you,"

"Lauren I've inconvenienced you a lot, let me handle this alone,"

"And I've never complained about you being with me, we're in this together,"

He yelled, "Lauren, you're not coming with me."

"I am," she yelled back. "Don't you know I'm more scared of losing you than I'm scared of death?"

Then he put his hands on her shoulders and murmured, "And I really appreciate that," He said, "Please Lauren, please don't come with me; I can't lose you." She began crying when he said this,

"I'm pregnant," she said which stunned John, before he could say anything more, the troops started firing at the window. John took her hand and the two of them went to hide in the kitchen.

In an attempt to find John, a few troops burst down the door and entered. One of them was approaching the kitchen as they searched for him, and John seized his weapon the instant he entered. Lauren took a knife and stabbed him in the side of the neck as they started to draw the weapon. She covered her mouth with her hands in panic,

"Oh my God, I just killed a man," she said while covering her lips.

After pulling his weapon, John noticed there were many men inside the home so he devised a plan. After lighting the gas burner and turning it on, he waited for the gas to circulate.

"What are you doing?" John remained silent when Lauren enquired.

Afterwards, he took the grenade off the fallen soldier and opened the window; fortunately, nobody was at the back. Then he lifted her outside and politely dropped her out the kitchen window, it wasn't that high so she didn't get hurt.

He then yelled, "Hey, I'm here," many of the troops hurried to the kitchen, but he had already climbed out the window and thrown the grenade before they could reach there.

One of the soldiers cried out, "Grenade," and they attempted to flee, but it was too late. Then, as a result of the gas effects, Grande erupted massively.

After that, he and Lauren raced up to one of the soldiers' cars and climbed inside. Fortunately, the car's key was there, and he accelerated as quickly as he could.

One of the guards shouted, "He not getting away this time, go, go, go," as the others started to pursue him.