Chapter 21: I love her

The next morning, when Lauren woke up, she found a tray on her bed with coffee and toast. She sat up and looked at the tray, and then she smiled.

Shortly after, there was a knock on the door.
"Come in," she said and John walked in.

John's POV

I've been here for about two and a half months now and I've never seen Lauren's face when she wakes up in the morning. People say girls are hotter when they wake up in the morning but I didn't believe that until today. I didn't believe girls look prettier when their hair is messy and they're in their pyjamas, but today changed it, Lauren is so beautiful, and I guess I didn't realise that because of what I was going through, I can't believe it took a kiss to realise that.

"Hello?" Lauren said to John after he glanced at her for about 20 seconds without saying a word.

"Oh, I'm...sorry about yesterday, I shouldn't have let that happen," he said and walked to her bed,

"No John you don't have to apologise, I was the one that climbed on you so I should be the one who is sorry," She said and picked up the coffee mug,

"But I was just this close to having sex with you, I should have just controlled myself,"

"You did," she said and had a bite of the toast, "Hmm this is amazing toast,"

"I told you I come from a family of chefs, I'm a top-class chef,"

Lauren chuckled,
"No you're not," she said and they both laughed.

After breakfast, Lauren went downstairs to get her charger from her car. After she got the charger, she went back into her apartment forgetting to lock the door.

She went up to her room and plugged her phone. John was in her room sitting on the chair next to the wardrobe. When she plugged it in, she and John were having a normal conversation.

"Hold on, aren't you going to work today?" John asked,

"Nah, I told my boss, I'm not coming," Lauren said and laid on her bed. She looked at John, "Come on, join me in bed," she said,

"No, no way, absolutely not,"

"Why?" she asked and smiled,

"I'm not falling for your crazy tricks," he said and they both laughed, "Do you have any idea how pretty you are? If I'm on that bed I'm not sure I would be able to control myself," he said,

"Aww John, it's been a while since I was called pretty," she said and they both chuckled,

While they were talking, the room door opened and a girl walked inside and found John sitting not far from Lauren.