Chapter 22: A mistake

"Lauren, what are you doing with this murderer?"

"Lilian you still haven't told me what you're doing here," Lauren said,

"Oh, now it's a crime that I came to see my friend? The door was opened so I walked in. And since when did you start to get upset about me coming to your house without knocking?"

"The door was opened?" Lauren asked curiously,

"Lauren stay away from this man, he's dangerous, he's the cause of all the mayhem going on in America,"

"Lilian he's not dangerous, please can you just leave," she said and gently pushed her out but Lilian was so stubborn she didn't want to leave.

"Wait, are you hiding him?" she asked but then Lauren had enough,

"Alright that's enough," she said and held her wrist then she pulled her out of the room. She took her downstairs and when she did, Lilian whispered,

"Lauran what are you thinking, this man is a murderer,"

"He's not a murderer," she responded,

"Then who killed the president?

"I don't know, but he's not the one... Oh my goodness, what was I thinking leaving the door open," Lauren said and wondered around, "Listen you can't tell anyone about this,"

"Really? This man is going to fetch you $500,000 if you tell on him, so I definitely will tell on him,"

"No Lilian you won't, oh shit, what have I done? Lilian you aren't going to tell on him, he's not the murderer, it was a set-up,"

"A set-up?"

"Yeah, John is innocent, just please don't tell on him, please,"

Lilian sighed,
"If he's not the murderer why then was he trying to escape? And they found proof inside his pocket so how is he not the murderer?"

"He's not okay?" Lauren yelled, then she signed, "I'm sorry for yelling but I know what this man is going through all because of this stupid case. John didn't kill the president, if you don't believe him, believe me, I'm your friend and I won't lie to you, you are not going to tell on him,"

"Okay, okay, I won't,"

"Promise me,"

"I promise,"

"Please Lilian, just don't tell on him, please,"

"I won't," Lilian said and smiled, "You seem to love this guy,"

"Well, I won't...I do but...,"

"But you do," Lilian interrupted,

"No, I don't,"

"Okay confess or I'll tell the cops he's here,"

"Okay, okay I do,"

Lilian smiled,
"I see why you chose him over $500,000. Don't worry Lauren, I won't tell on him I promise," she said.

Lauren sighed,
"Thanks, Lilian,"

"You're welcome," Lilian said, "I guess I should be leaving, it's obvious I came at a bad time,"

"I think so," Lauren said and escorted her outside.

After she left, she went back to her room, immediately she got in, John stood up and walked to her,

"Don't worry she's not going to tell anyone,"

"How did you know?" John asked curiously,

"Because she's my friend, and we've been friends since we were in high school, she wouldn't betray me,"

"Damn, I'm nervous," John said and wondered around but then Lauren walked to him and held his hand,

"She won't tell on you John, trust me," She said looking into his eyes,

"Okay, okay, I trust you," John said and took a deep breath.