Chapter 20: Love or lust

John approached Lauren while she was sitting on a large couch in the living room.

"Hello Lauren," John said and sat next to her.

"Hi," she said and smiled back.

"I see you're watching a movie,"

"Yeah, but I'm not really interested in it," she replied.

"Alright," he said and there was a little period of silence.

"So ... Which country are you going to?" Lauren asked,

"Yeah about that, I'm not sure yet, but I'm definitely not going to an American or any European country,"

"I understand," she replied.

"I'm really going to miss you," said John

"I'm going to miss you too, I really am," she said with a smile, turning to face him.

He breathed deeply, "I wish I could stay, but I don't want to be living this undercover life anymore, I'm tired of hiding,"

She responded, "I get it," and they resumed watching TV.

Lauren moved a little closer to him as they were watching TV; she felt a little uneasy and her heart was racing. After a while, she turned to face John, but he was focusing on the TV. A little while later, he turned to face her, and there was a strange quiet. Their heads started to converge slowly until their lips met. As soon as their lips met, Lauren hopped onto John's lap, intensifying the kiss.

John got her up while she was still on him, and they entered the bedroom. While they were still kissing, John dropped her body over the bed and laid his body over her. He sat up, removed his shirt, and planted a kiss on her cheeks and neck. She shifted her face as he attempted to kiss her again. With a sigh, John moved away from her body and took a seat on the bed.

"I'm sorry," he said in a calm voice but Lauren remained silent, only getting up and leaving the room.