The Baby

BECKY POV

For the past nine months my life has been completely different. After announcing my pregnancy to the world I took a step back and focused on me, Colby and our baby. No more social media except for a few occasions. No TV. Nothing. Just me and my family, and I guess my book.

Closer to the end of my pregnancy, I gave permission to Joshy to post some workout photos I was in. The fans were amazing and so supportive, even the few creeps barely bothered me because of my deadly's support.

A few weeks later I woke up at 1:00 in the morning with a tight pain in my abdomen. When it was over I got my phone out to start timing them. When I thought it was time, I tried to gently wake Colby up to no avail, so I took my pillow and threw it at him. The quick motion of me throwing the pillow must've been just enough to do something because after I released the pillow my water broke and I decided it was time to shake Colby awake.

COLBY POV

I woke up to Rebecca shaking me. "What's wrong baby?"
"It's time to go to the hospital, after you help me change. My water just broke."

After hearing that I jumped out of bed, cleaned up the floor and helped her into some clean and dry clothes, grabbing our bags and carrying her to the car as she got another contraction. "How far apart are they?" I asked when the most recent one was over.

"About 5 minutes and they're about a minute long," She responded.

We got to the hospital, checked in, and Becky got hooked up to the monitors for her and the baby. She wanted to have a unmedicated birth and that's what she was going to get.

18 hours passed, I held her hand and helped her breathe through the contractions as they got stronger and stronger. Another 4 hours passed before she started feeling pressure and then she pushed.

An hour later, we welcomed our baby girl into the world.

"Hi Roux, hi baby girl," Becky crooned. "She looks like you," she said looking up at me with tears sparkling in her eyes, oblivious to the pain she must have felt after a 24 hour unmediated labor.

"She's perfect," I said, knowing I'm going to have a mini Becky chasing me around the house one day.

BECKY POV

Finally, my baby girl was in my arms. I get to love on her forever.

We got to go home a few days later and while Roux slept holding my finger and Colby's finger I took the opportunity to take the cutest little picture and posted it with the caption, "Welcome to the world Roux. You are the love of our lives. #andnew"

Then I put my phone down and soaked up every moment with my little family.