One More For Now

Stephanie POV

It's been a little over a mont since Charlotte and Nikki both had their twins just a week apart. I'm due within the next week and Randy is super excited as am I.
I've been having small little contractions for the past few days and everyday I feel like they are getting just a little stronger and a little harder to breathe through.
My future husband is very romantic and to take my mind off our little boy he took my hands and waltzed me around the kitchen when all  of the sudden, my body released what felt like a tidal wave of fluid down my pants and onto the floor.
Moments later I was being carried to the car and Randy was putting our bags in the car. I still hadn't processed what happened and was scared.
When the car started it was like it all hit me and I started bawling, he grabbed my hand and held it tight as he was driving us to the hospital and trying to calm me down.
"It's ok babe calm down, you're going to be a mommy soon!"
With that sentence I stopped crying and just stared at him, I don't know why and don't remember much of what we said besides a few erodes and phrases.

10 minutes later
Randy POV
We had just arrived at the hospital because Stephanie's aka my future wife's water broke. She had freaked out half the ride and stared at me the other half but I think she expected to have a little longer before baby boy came.
We get checked in and the doctors check her vitals and how far she's dilated.
"You are dilated at 4cm..." said the doctor and I knew we'd be here a while.
I Went to get some food for Stephanie and I because it was lunch time and we hadn't eaten yet. As I was walking back to our room and I passed the nursery and I just stopped and stared at all the little sleeping forms in the plastic bassinets. I probably stared a little too long because a nurse came up to me and asked, "which one is yours?"
"Mine isn't here yet, my fiancé is in labor right now."
"Well, congratulations sir! We are looking forward to caring for your little addition."
"Thank you," I said, "I better get the food to her before they tell her she can't eat any more."
"Good luck," said the Nurse as I left to go back to our room.
When I got back to our room we ate our food that was still hot and then we cuddled.

3 hours later

We had been interrupt multiple times in our slumber by the doctors because they would come check Stephanie ever half hour but we got in some much needed rest before the doctor came in for the last time and checked my wife to see if she was fully dilated, which she was.

The doctor leaves for a moment and comes back with a delivery team and an hour and a half later our baby boy was in his mothers arms.
The nurses took him for a few minutes to clean him up and take his vitals before the nurse from the hall came and asked me, "would you like to hold your son?"
"Yes," I said with tears in my eyes, "I'd love too," I let out as a tear traveled down my cheek and I smiled.
I walked over to the baby and picked him up how Stephanie and I had been practicing at home with a realistic baby doll, because neither one of us has ever had a kid before.
After he was secure in my arms I slowly walked over to Stephanie and sat next to her.
"So what's his name?" I asked her as we were both looking at our son peacefully sleeping in my arms.
"James Kieth!" My soon to be wife exclaimed softly.
"Perfect!" I told her as I gently gave her the baby boy because she had only gotten to hol him for a few seconds.