11

Chapter 11:

The next day, with classes in full swing, Cole and Emerie found themselves exchanging text messages between lectures. Seated in different classrooms, their phones became a discreet channel for communication.

Cole: Hey, how's your day going so far?

Emerie: Not bad. Just survived a boring history lecture. How about you?

Cole: Chemistry is killing me. I miss the wildflower fields.

Emerie: Same here. Those moments feel like a lifetime ago. Speaking of, thanks again for the bracelet. It means a lot.💋

Cole: You're welcome. It suits you. So, any plans after class?

Emerie: Not really. Just the usual routine. Why?

Cole: What if we break the routine and grab some coffee after classes? You know, a little escape.🤞

Emerie: That sounds like a plan. Count me in. ❤️

As the day unfolded, the anticipation of their coffee meet-up provided a welcomed distraction. The occasional text messages became a way for Cole and Emerie to share the mundane details of their day, transforming the ordinary into a canvas for their growing connection.

As Cole and Emerie cruised to the café, the car buzzed with the energy of teenage banter and flirty glances.

Cole, shooting a playful look at Emerie, teased, "So, spill the tea on that thrilling history lecture. Any ancient dramas or time-travel shenanigans?"

Emerie laughed, her eyes dancing with mischief. "Unfortunately, no time-travel, but the day is still young. Chemistry was like decoding a secret language. How's your brain holding up?"

Cole smirked, "Barely surviving, but hey, chemistry is nothing compared to the sparks between us, right?"

Emerie rolled her eyes playfully. "Smooth, Cole. Real smooth."

As they pulled into the café, Cole parked the car, turning to Emerie. "Ready to one more coffee together."

Emerie smirked, "Obviously."

Inside the cozy café, Cole and Emerie found their corner empty, and their laughter filled the air as they shared sips of coffee and bites of chocolate donuts.

Cole, sliding his coffee towards Emerie, grinned. "Try this. It's like a little piece of caffeine magic."

Emerie took a sip, her eyes meeting his with a playful gleam. "Not bad, Mr. Coffee Connoisseur. Let me return the favor." She pushed her cup of iced mocha towards him.

Cole took a sip, nodding approvingly. "I can see why you're a fan. It's got that perfect mix of sweet and coffee kick."

They both reached for the plate of chocolate donuts, fingers brushing as they each grabbed a piece.

Emerie winked, "Nothing is as perfect as sharing coffee and donuts. A classic combo."

Cole chuckled, "And the best part? No one can judge us for dunking donuts into our coffee."