31

Chapter 30:'Tis the Season

As the holiday spirit enveloped the town, twinkling lights adorned the streets, and the air was filled with the crisp scent of pine. Three days before Christmas, Emerie found herself immersed in the festive preparations. The cafe, now a canvas of red and green, radiated warmth and cheer.

Christmas break marked the return of Jackie and Danny from their visit to Uncle Richard in New York. Their homecoming added an extra layer of excitement to the already joyous atmosphere. The door swung open, revealing Jackie's familiar laughter and Danny's playful banter.

"Surprise!" Emerie greeted them, her arms wide open. Jackie embraced her tightly, the bond of friendship strengthened by their time apart.

"Cole mentioned you're making the cafe look like Santa's workshop," Danny remarked, eyes twinkling with mischief.

Emerie chuckled, "Guilty as charged. 'Tis the season for a little extra magic."

The group gathered around a table, catching up on the events that unfolded during their time away. The aroma of freshly baked cookies filled the air, a testament to the holiday spirit that permeated the cafe.

In the midst of the merry chatter, Emerie stole a glance at Cole. His eyes met hers, and a silent understanding passed between them—a recognition of the warmth that family and friends brought into their lives.

Sara joined the group at the table, her vibrant energy adding to the festive atmosphere. The cafe, adorned with Christmas decorations, seemed to glow as friends gathered around, sharing laughter and warmth.

Emerie couldn't contain the excitement any longer. With a gleam in her eyes, she turned to Jackie and Danny, "Guess what? You both missed something big while you were away!"

Jackie's eyes widened with curiosity, "What happened? Spill the beans, Emerie!"

A playful smile danced on Danny's lips as he chimed in, "Yeah, did Cole try to bake again?"

Emerie chuckled, "No baking disasters this time, but something equally sweet. Sara's pregnant!" Her announcement was met with a chorus of cheers and congratulations from her friends.

Jackie and Danny exchanged astonished glances before erupting into enthusiastic celebrations. Sara beamed with joy, her hand resting on her baby bump as if in solidarity with Emerie.

"You're going to be a mom! That's incredible news!" Jackie exclaimed, unable to contain her excitement.

Danny grinned, "Man, you guys have been busy! Missed the gender reveal, though. Was it a boy or a girl?"

Emerie's eyes sparkled with joy as she shared the news, "Sara's having a baby girl!" The revelation was met with delighted cheers and smiles from their friends. The cafe, already adorned in festive decorations, seemed to shimmer with an added layer of celebration.

Jackie and Danny exchanged excited glances. "A girl! That's amazing news," Jackie exclaimed, unable to conceal her happiness.

Sara, gently cradling her baby bump, beamed at the warmth of their reactions. Emerie continued, "We missed you both at the gender reveal party, but the joy is even greater now that you're back."

_______________

The morning sun cast a golden glow on the town, signaling the start of the day, two days before Christmas. In the Jenkins household, a hive of activity unfolded as the family prepared for the festive season.