-Seven-

Taehyung woke up to the harsh sound of his alarm, the shrill noise echoing through the room. He groaned, his head pounding in sync with the blaring noise. "Not again," he muttered to himself, feeling more exhausted than he had ever felt before.

His day had just begun, but he was already longing for the comfort of his bed.  His morning routine was interrupted by bouts of nausea, a constant reminder of the life growing inside him.

As he emerged from the bathroom, he found his parents waiting for him in the kitchen. "Good morning, Tae," his mother greeted him with a warm smile. "How are you feeling today?" 

"I've been better," Taehyung admitted, trying to return his mother's smile. His father looked at him with concern, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder. "You don't have to do everything alone, son," he said, his voice filled with worry. "We're here for you." 

Taehyung nodded, grateful for his parents' support. He managed to get ready for school, his mind preoccupied with thoughts of baby showers and nurseries. The reality of his situation was beginning to sink in, and it was overwhelming. 

Throughout the day, Taehyung found himself constantly reaching out to Jungkook. "Jungkook, do you think a blue or pink theme would be better for the baby shower?" he would ask during their morning call.

"I don't know, Tae. Both sound great," Jungkook would respond, his voice filled with uncertainty. 

During third period, he texted Jungkook again. "Should we invite everyone from class to the baby shower?" he typed out, his fingers trembling slightly. "Yes, let's invite everyone. It'll be fun," Jungkook texted back, his words providing a small comfort. 

Jungkook was trying his best to be calm. While Taehyung was dealing with his own set of challenges, Jungkook was facing his own. The basketball tryouts were next week, and the pressure was mounting. He had always been a star player, but with the number of curve balls that had been thrown at him earlier in the semester he didn't know if he could keep up with his potential.

If that was the case, his parents would absolutely flip out on him and he would never hear the end of it.

School was another challenge for Taehyung. He had to juggle his studies with his pregnancy, a task that was proving to be more difficult than he had anticipated. His headache only seemed to get worse as the day went on, making it hard for him to concentrate.

"I can't focus," he whispered to himself during class, the words barely audible. 

He found solace in the quiet corners of the library, using the silence to soothe his aching head. "Just a few more hours," he would tell himself, the words becoming his motto. 

Despite the stress, Taehyung couldn't help but feel a sense of anticipation. Every time he felt overwhelmed, he would place a hand on his stomach, the small bump serving as a reminder of the miracle he was a part of. "We can do this," he would whisper to the life inside him, his words filled with determination. 

By the time he got home, he was exhausted. He collapsed onto his bed, his body aching from the day's activities. But despite the fatigue, he found himself smiling. "We made it through another day," he said aloud, his words echoing in the empty room. He was going to be a father, and that thought alone was enough to make all the stress and headaches worth it.

On the other side of town, Jungkook wasted no time going outside and stepping foot on the basketball court behind his house. His coach throughout the years would always tell him to relax and trust himself.

The basketball court that used to be a place of joy and excitement is now a battlefield. He has wasted so much time trying to solve the whole pregnancy situation. The try-outs were now hovering over him like a dark cloud in the blue sky.

Trusting himself at this point was easier said than done. Every missed shot, every failed dribble felt like a blow to his confidence. His confidence that used to be sky high was now dropped to the ground.

He found himself muttering, "I can't mess this up," and his gaze would focus on the backboard.

As the sun set and the dark of the night took over the navy sky, Jungkook found himself laying on the court and staring at the star lit sky.

Jungkook laid there on the court, the coolness of the ground seeping through his clothes, providing a stark contrast to the heat of his worries. He stared at the starlit sky, each twinkling light seeming to mock his dwindling confidence. "I can't mess this up," he repeated, his voice barely a whisper against the quiet of the night.His phone buzzed, breaking the silence. It was a message from Taehyung. "How is your basketball practice going?" it read. Jungkook let out a sigh, his fingers hovering over the screen. "It was tough," he finally typed back, deciding to be honest.

"You got this Kook, you are the biggest star ever,"

Jungkook smiled and shut off his phone. He stared at the tall basketball hoop that stood in front of him. He took a deep breath out and grabbed the basketball before going back inside.

As they both drifted to sleep, their mind ran. Tomorrow is a new day and holds new challenges they will have to face.