-Thirteen-

As they walked to school, the morning sun casting long shadows on the pavement, Jungkook couldn't help but think about the future. He thought about their child, about the life they were building together. He thought about the try-outs and the pressure to perform well. But most of all, he thought about Taehyung, about the love he had for him, and the family they were starting.

The day started like any other at the school. The hallways were filled with students, their chatter echoing off the walls. Jungkook and Taehyung walked through the crowd, their hands brushing against each other now and then.

"Try out day!" Hoseok yelled as Jungkook wrapped his arm around Jungkook with a bright smile, they were at the same bench as yesterday morning, "We are going to do so good, I already know it," Yoongi sighed with a smile as well. 

That was kind of unlike him. To be happy? On a Wednesday? It was crazy to think of, "If you four make the team, I will throw a party Saturday night," Jimin spoke. 

Taehyung didn't know if it was the pregnancy hormones or the overthinking that made his face sadden, "Chim, my baby shower is Saturday," Taehyung spoke his eyes staring at his best friend and Jimin gasped. 

"You forgot? You helped me plan it," Taehyung pouted and Jungkook grew concerned, he could tell when Taehyung was on the verge of tears.

Jungkook quickly intervened, "Jimin, it's okay. We can always have the party another day. The baby shower is important."

Jimin looked guilty, "I'm sorry, Tae. I didn't mean to forget. Of course, the baby shower is more important."

Taehyung's face softened, "It's okay, Chim. I know you didn't mean it."

"Or we could always have party to celebrate them getting on the team and your baby shower, we can get sparkling juice, so you aren't left out," Jin spoke with excitement and Taehyungs eyes Glew. 

Jungkook admired the boy's bright smile. He admired the boys features when Taehyung is really happy. He always has. It wasn't weird. Maybe drunk Jungkook was onto something. Maybe he did see Taehyung as something more. 

"That sounds fun!" Namjoon exclaimed and Jimin nodded, "We could do that and then we can spend Sunday organizing the room," Jungkook offered, and the group nodded in agreement.

If Jungkook could see Taehyung smile at the cost of his own happiness, he would do it in a heartbeat. 

The day continued with a sense of anticipation. The thought of the try-outs and the upcoming baby shower filled the air with excitement. The group spent their breaks discussing strategies for the try-outs and plans for the baby shower.

As the day came to an end, they all gathered at the basketball court. The sight of the court filled them with a mix of excitement and nervousness. They all knew how much was at stake - the pride of making the team and the joy of celebrating the upcoming arrival of Taehyung and Jungkook's baby.

The try-outs were intense. Jungkook, Hoseok, Yoongi, and Namjoon gave it their all, their determination evident in every move they made. The rest of the group, including Taehyung, Jimin, and Jin, cheered them on from the sidelines, their voices echoing around the court.

Jungkook was the first to step onto the court. His eyes were focused, and his movements were precise. He dribbled the ball with ease, weaving through imaginary opponents. When he shot, the ball arched beautifully in the air and swooshed through the net. His speed and agility were impressive, demonstrating his excellent physical condition and dedication to the sport.

Soon after, Namjoon stepped out. Known for his strategic mind, he showcased his understanding of the game through his play. He positioned himself well on the court, making smart passes and setting up plays. His shots were calculated, aiming for the best possible angle to get the ball through the hoop. His intellectual approach to the game was a complement to his physical skills.

Yoongi, quiet and reserved off the court, transformed once he stepped onto it. His calm demeanor translated into a cool and collected playing style. He was a reliable player, consistently making good passes and rarely missing a shot. His defensive skills were also noteworthy, blocking shots and intercepting passes with a keen eye.

Finally, there was Hoseok. His energy was infectious, and it showed in his play. He moved around the court with a bounce in his step, easily dodging opponents and making swift passes. His shots were powerful, and his rebounds were quick. He played with a smile on his face, his love for the game evident in every move he made.

The three boys were on the edge of their seats the entire time. Jimin made sure that every successful shot his friends made, he would cheer loud, and it would echo. Jin was just proud of the four boys for doing their absolute best. 

Taehyung, on the other hand, was a bundle of nerves throughout the try-outs. He watched Jungkook closely, his heart pounding in his chest. Every shot, every pass, made him hold his breath.

Without any surprise the four made the team. Each of them brought their unique strengths to the try-outs, impressing both the coach and their fellow students. At the end everyone ran to hug the new team members. The members that will be representing their high school for the whole season. 

Taehyung engulfed Jungkook happily, his mind was content knowing that Jungkook's challenge he faced was over. 

That was until a girl's voice struck out, "I guess you really are good Jeon,"