Riding

The sound of thunder woke me up out of my sleep. I hate storms, especially when Alice isn't here. I tried my hardest to get her to stay the night, but she said her sister would start to get suspicious of our relationship. She said she's always questioning her about us anyways. I knew I wasn't going to get any sleep with this storm. I pick up my phone and call Alice. I really hope she's up, I hope I'm not waking her up. It is 2 in the morning. To my surprise she answers on the second ring.

"Hey baby, is everything ok?" She sounded fully awake, which caught me off guard. I kinda thought she would be sleep by now. But I am happy she isn't, hearing her voice made me feel a little better. Although the storm was getting a lot worse.

"Yeah babe, I'm fine. I just can't sleep with this storm. What are you doing up so late?" I lay back on my pillow snuggling back under the covers. The only thing missing is Alice.

"I'm sure it will pass soon. And nothing just catching up on some homework." The thunder began to pick up, and flashes of lighting came through my window.

"I don't know Alice, it looks like it's getting worse. I wish you would've stayed over." I make a sad face even though she can't see.

"I know baby, me too. I'm really sorry I couldn't. I promise next weekend ok?" I turn to my side so I can see out my window.

"Pinky promise?" I ask in a low begging tone.

"I pinky promise Bella." She said giggling. Another crack of thunder echoed outside.

"Mm, alright but can I at least sneak over? Please? I'll be super quiet and I'll even park down the street so you family won't see my truck."

"Bella-"

"Please Alice, if you love me you would let me come over." I knew this would get her, it always did. A smile started to play at my lips as she grew silent.

"Fine Bella, but I'm coming over there ok."

"No way, it's way too dark and late for you to be out by yourself. Plus it's raining like super bad."

"Bella I'll be fine, it's just a little rain." She said laughing into the phone.

"No way Alice, I'm not letting you drive in this kind of weather." My voice sound stern, it kinda surprised me.

"Bella, if you're that concerned just stay on the phone with me while I drive to your house. That way you'll know if anything happens, which nothing will.. But if it makes you feel better..." She trailed off not finishing her sentence.

"Ok Alice, just be careful. And don't rush. And it will make me feel better thank you very much."

"I'm on my way, hold on. I'm gonna put you in my pocket for a minute ok."

"Ok."

"I love you."

"I love you too Alice." I chuckled a little, she was only putting her phone in her pocket. It's not like she was hanging up. Plus she would be seeing me in like 15 minutes anyways.

"Baby?" Alice's voice startled me for a minute, I started to think she hung up.

"Geez took you long enough."

"Shut up, it was only 5 minutes."

"Yeah, 5 minutes too long."

"I'm on your street now." Wow, she got here fast, although she does live just 10 minutes away.

"Alright I'm going down stairs now." I started to get excited to see Alice, it's only been a few hours since she left though. I really do hate being away from her. I hung up my phone and went down stairs to look out my front window.