6. Mehendi Function

Abhimanyu Rajput

It's been two days we are in Rajasthan and today we are old haveli which is own by mihir's dada ji as the family members wanted to feel there dadaji and dadi ji presence in the wedding so they decided to held the wedding in the old haveli where there memories are present.

I was walking towards the haveli after coming from outside. That's when I saw Aakansha sitting in the garden on the swing with a laptop on her lap and a cute little girl was there sitting while hugging her. After gathering the courage I decided to go near her.

"Good morning", I said with a smile.

She looks up from her laptop, makes a two second eye contact and again looks at her laptop by just humming to my good morning.

Ouch! That hurts. But nevermind.

I sat on the swing beside her.
"What are you doing btw", I again tried to initiate the conversation.

"Just checking the emails", she replied, still looking at the laptop.

"But you are at your brother's wedding and who work at her own brother's wedding",
And now finally she looks at me from her laptop.

"It's not written somewhere that you cannot work at your own brother's wedding".
She said while emphasizing the brother's wedding.

"No it's not written but still who works when you attend a wedding".

"Me, I, Aakansha Rathore works".

"Okay okay", I said while raising my hands.

We kept sitting there for while she was working while I was just sitting there there was a silence between us and it definitely not a peaceful one.

"Can we address each other in an informal way? '', I said while gaining her attention.

"It's up to you for me, a professional relationship is a professional only", she replied without looking at me.

"Hmm but I don't mind being friends and unprofessional after work", I replied.

There was silence again between us.

"How about I call you Aakansha",

As I said this she looked at me for a few seconds and turned to look at the other side.

Aftersomtine she stood up while taking that little creature
in her arms and started going inside, guessing her work was completed.

"Btw what color are you wearing for mehendi function", I asked she stop there and turn towards me.

"Why do you wanna know".

"Just casually", I said while shrugging off my shoulders.

"None of your business", saying that she started walking.

Hearing this pout come on my face I wanted to twine with her. As I was lost in my thoughts when that little girl came towards me.

"Subtle pink", she said.

"Huh", I look at her, confused.