7. Why me?

Aakansha Rathore

Today is Bhai's mehndi Shewta and Avinash has both of them reach here in the morning and one good thing is that my munchkin shivani along with her father Rishvik has come with Shewta. Shivani is so cute when she was born there was no elder one with them to guide them so it was just four of us taking care of our princess. She came as a bundle of joy in there as well as in my life.

She has become the apple of our eye whatever she wants she gets. She calls me mimi and Avinash buddy. She is really mischievous because whenever she does something she comes and hides behind her dad, me or Avinash because Shewta can't do anything then.

In morning only she broke shweta's lipstick while coloring with as shewta got to know about it she started searching for her but my munchkin immediately came and sat beside me while hugging on the swing making me chuckle at her antics. I was busy in checking emails that's when someone came and sit beside me he was none other than Mr. Rajput.

He was bickering with me like who works in weddings. I shut his mouth saying it's me. He again said can we address each other informally? I told him that for me professional relations are professional, you can do whatever you want.

"How about I call you Aakansha", he said while looking at me.

Something happened and a tingling sensation occurred in my stomach so he said my name. In order to hide it I turn my face in another direction.
I didn't reply to him and started working.

The mehndi function is going on outside. The whole backyard was decorated with flowers. The fragrance of flowers was spread everywhere in the haveli. Me, Avinash, Rishvik, Shewta and Shivani were sitting in the living room as Shivani was hungry so I was feeding her and Rishvik was feeding Shewta as her hands were covered with henna and Avinash was just giving us company while teasing the Shivani.

As we were talking I noticed Mr. Rajput coming in our direction. He called Rishvik's name and all of them stood up seeing him but I couldn't as Shivani was on my lap and was so engrossed in eating.

As they were talking I notice that he was wearing a subtle pink color kurta matching to my lehenga I try to shrug it as a coincidence but in morning he asked me what is my dress color but I didn't tell him then who? at that time munchkin was with me and it immediately clicked in my mind that it was her who told him about my dress color.

As I was busy thinking all this, that's when a girl came and told us that bhai was calling us as Shivani was done with her food so we all started walking outside. She went towards Avinash holding his hand making me walk alone behind them with him.

Abhimanyu Look

Abhimanyu Look

As were about to pass the doo but my leg got tangled my lehenga and I was about to fall I Close my eyes ready to fall on the ground to my surprise i was just still in the air that's when I realize someone has caught me I open my eyes and saw Mr. Rajput was holding me.