YOU GOT ME A WHAT?

Win's POV:

The entire week after the incident I avoided Inyeop as much as possible. And Barcode too. It was a little hard, for the fact that I shared a room with Inyeop, so I would just pretend to go to sleep early, and leave before he got up. Barcode was easy, as I just didn't go to lunch or dinner with the others, instead I would just eat at a nearby fast food place.

It was working out pretty good, until Friday, when I was basically attacked by Inyeop on my way back from class.

"I know why you've been avoiding me."

"What? No, I haven't been. I'm just busy."

He crossed his arms, challenging me, "doing what?"

I opened my mouth and closed it multiple times, "it's, it's top secret so you can't know." Then I too crossed my arms and tilted my chin up.

"You don't even want to know how Barcode's date went?"

"WHAT! I mean, no. Not at all." I tried answering cooly. I had forgotten that 'Jeff' had asked Barcode out on a date.

He scoffed, "don't worry. Your crush had a great time."

I didn't need to know that. Instead I said, "he's not my crush."

Inyeop sighed and raised a hand towards me and gently laid it on my shoulder, patting me awkwardly for a couple of seconds.

"What are you doing?"

"Comforting you," Inyeop replied.

I rolled my eyes, "I promise to you I'm fine."

He studied me for a couple of minutes before sighing, nodding his head and walking off. Then paused mid walk and without turning around said; "Barcode's sort of upset and sad he hasn't seen you."

* * *

It took another two days before I had decided to man up and meet with Barcode. I had figured out what lie I would tell the boy on the reason why he hadn't see me and from there go up into a more stable conversation. There was only one slight problem, I hadn't actually told Barcode I would be meeting up with him, I had only set it up in my head on how the scenario would play out in reality. The plan was that I would magically just 'bump' into him and then start that wonderful conversation. I couldn't just text Barcode out of nowhere now, could I? After purposefully avoiding him? Or maybe I was overthinking everything, but whatever. It felt more mature to just talk to him in person. Even if lies were going to be told. I had even gone as far as to make myself like hagride, as if I had spent sleepless nights.

Checking myself for the last time in the mirror, I smiled to myself and made my way out onto the school campus. I already knew he would be coming out from Physics and had two minutes to 'happen and be nearby.'

Ok, Win you got this!

Just as I was approaching the classroom I halted. What was Jeff doing HERE? This guy never seemed to know when to quit! I had not prepared myself for what I would do given this situation. All I could think about doing was to hide (yet again.) I peered from within the trees and saw as Barcode exited the classroom and basically leap into the guys arms. Barcode! I cried internally. Why are you such easy prey!?

I watched the scene in front of me, sensing deja vu.

They were having a conversation now, the conversation in which Barcode was supposed to be having with me. Heck Barcode was even laughing now. At this rate Jeff would most definitely win the bet with the jerk and I couldn't even stop it. Poor Barcode.